“Huge Fresh Salad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Di Pescara

Di Pescara
Reserve with OpenTable
Di Pescara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Off Lake Cook Road
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
“Huge Fresh Salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Wow! A busy luncheon local for "the girls" or business mtg. I had the Asparagus Wedge Salad. Chuck full of tomatoes, avocado and hearts of palm in addition to the asparagus gathered among mixed greens. Too much of a serving for me, however, I managed to clean my plate!

• Visited June 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Consistent restaurant with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nothing amazing about this place, but if you are looking for a nice restaurant with pretty much guaranteed good food and above average service in Northbrook this is your spot. It is a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant and feels that way.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food in a shopping mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A great neighborhood restaurant that has excellent food and honors a reservation! AS part of the Lettuce Entertain you group, the quality of the food and the service are top notch as are their other restaurants. We eat there at least 1-2 times a month

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Di Pescara in Northbrook”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were here last week for a birthday. We specifically came here because they do a nice job on birthdays. I had a glass of prosecco which was a nice size and tasty as well. For an appetizer we had the calamari which was good but I forgot that it had a tomato sauce on it which caused the calamari to be soggy rather than crispy but it was good nonetheless.

For an entree I had something new on their menu, a shrimp boil kind of thing with some mussels, shrimps, corn, scallops and some lobster. It was ok, unfortunately it had this tomato base (again) which was fine but after the calamari I'd have preferred something without tomato. Some of the other choices at the table were the white fish on a plank, spaghetti with sauce, a salad and an order of salmon.

I've been here many times in the past. I suppose my favorite dish was the Lake Superior white fish with a tasty butter/lemon sauce. Simply prepared, but very good.

The wait staff is very nice and very helpful. They bring a nice little tray of desert goodies for a birthday. It tends to be loud during busy times as people are really packed in and elbow to elbow.

Honestly, if I knew how to give a half rating, I'd give this 3 and a half stars. Maybe this night was an off night for them, but still worth the visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Awful 'Italian' Food in Even Worse Atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

As a general rule I avoid Lettuce Entertain You restaurants but made an exception here based on a recommendation from friends. I should have stuck to my guns. It was almost torture.

First of all, the restaurant is enormous yet the tables are crammed together, which meant that wait staff kept bumping into my chair as they passed by. It was also very loud despite the carpeting.

The food was also a disappointment as well. I don't know what kind of Italian restaurant has sushi but this place does so I wouldn't bill it as 'Italian.' Furthermore, why is it that Italian restaurants in the States think they have to put garlic in everything? Italians use garlic very sparingly, often removing the clove before serving. My instincts told me not to order a fish dish because I could sense that they would screw it up so I ordered a salad with grilled chicken instead. It was marginal, at best.

Server did seem to care but treated us with a diner style attitude and not that expected at an expensive restaurant. Again, typical LEY mentality, turn and burn, quantity over quality. The bill for 2 people was $100, including tip. (1 app, 2 entrees, 3 glasses of wine)

Save your money and just drive into the city.

Black Listed.