“Aways consistently good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of J Alexander's Restaurant

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 113 Restaurants in Northbrook
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pointe Dr.
Seattle
“Aways consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Food is good, wait staff friendly, but the restaurant is very noisy and hard to carry on any conversation. I guess that is the trade off.

Visited May 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Meal at a Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I like J Alexander's because of it's consistency. Having been dining there for over 10 years now, I always know that I will be greeted by smiling hosts, the dining room is always impecable, the staff is always neat and professional, and the food is terrific. There aren't too many restaurants that offer this predictable consistency. Always a treat to dine here.

Visited January 2013
“Great Service - Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I walked in a bit after the lunch rush and just wanted a salad. The menu looked promising with a few to choose from. I tried the Grilled Chicken Salad. Wow was I surprised how fast it was served, how good it looked (see photo) and how great it tasted. I will go again next time i'm back for a visit. I was surprised to find myself back in my car within 25 minutes of driving into their lot, without feeling like I rushed my meal.

• 3 of 5 stars
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“A Great Restaurant with Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have driven by this restaurant many times, but I am happy we finally stopped in. The service was very good and fast. The menu had a decent variety and the specials for the evening we were there were excellent.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank garysteciuk
Kissimmee, Florida
“I wish I could take the chefs home with me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The wait is unbelievable at lunch time if you aren't there by 11:30 but it is worth it. The prices are not lunch friendly but the food is delish! My favorite hmmm, hard to decide but great food everytime. The chicken soup is the BEST! I don't like the cold rice/pasta stuff orzo, I think it was called. Go by 11:00 a.m. on weekdays or wait until after the rush!!! You can always eat at the bar, which isn't bad but it's too loud and poor service in the bar area.

Visited April 2012