“Always a reliable place to eat....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stir Crazy

Stir Crazy
Reserve with OpenTable
Stir Crazy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 118 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: Asian, Sushi
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Chicago's North Shore, Illinois
“Always a reliable place to eat....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We've gone to Stir Crazy of Northbrook, IL on occasion over the past 5-10 years and always find it to be reliable place to go---nice, lively atmosphere, kid friendly and usually pretty good food. My latest visit several nights ago was no different, though my self-created chicken stir fry with thai sauce was a bit bland....Perhaps i should have added more garlic or onions.... My wife's dish was very good.....

An added benefit to eating here with family, is each single kids meal is free with each regular adult meal on certain nights.... Never knew this in the past, but it's great to know now!

So, all in all, if you're in the area, or are looking for a nice place to go, Stir Crazy is a very good choice.

• Visited September 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food but beware hearing loss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Been to several of these across the US but this one is SO LOUD I actually had the same sensation like I had just left a Rock concert when I walked out. Good is great service too. But I strongly recommend outside seating, or ear plugs. Probably a great place to go with that special someone you don't ever want to communicate with :)

• Visited August 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Food and Service Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've eaten here many times before and the food and service have never been anything other than excellent. Their is a wide choice of both appetizers and main courses on the menu. I also appreciate the fact that there are various low calorie specials on the menu. I love spicy food and there are plenty of spicy dishes on the menu. I've never had a bad meal here.

Libertyville, Illinois
“Mall favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Joined a friend for dinner at Stir Crazy Cafe. We ordered edamame and chicken satay for appetizers and both were delicious. We particularly enjoyed the sauce and the Asian slaw that were served with the chicken. The entire chicken dish was wonderful. For an entre we both ordered Bangkok Noodles. The dish contained wheat noodles, vegetables, chicken and a red curry sauce. Mildly spicy it was good but I was a little disappointed because I'd confused it with another curry dish that use to be on the menu but was no longer being served. Decent Asian food. Service was fine and the wine very reasonably priced.

Durham, NC
“CRAZY GOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

CRAZY GOOD

Our family group of seven chose Stir Crazy for dinner before a movie in the Northbrook Mall, Chicago. Because it was Saturday, we did have about a 25-minute wait for dinner, but it was so worth it! Our ages are from 11 to 82, and everyone loved it. Some of our group ordered entrees from the menu, and others chose to mix their own fresh Asian grill. If you prefer to make your own dish, you’re given a bowl in which you choose the meat and vegetables from the pots offered, and your dish is then grilled in the open kitchen for you and brought to your table. The young people especially liked to choose their own. Our table had everything from Japanese salad to Thai and Vietnamese dishes, Mongolian beef, and my excellent coconut shrimp. We were served quickly, and enjoyed the bustling atmosphere before going on to a movie in the mall.