“Fabulous Italian Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Francesco's Hole In The Wall
Ranked #4 of 118 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous Italian Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I absolutely love this restaurant. My boyfriend took me here on a date and I couldn't stop raving about it. Granted, the tables were smushed together (a bit close for my taste), but once you start eating the food, it doesn't matter anymore. This place has great old-world charm and delicious food.

• Visited September 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I love this place. It was my first time eating Italian food in Chicago and I have no complaints. I will be back!

Visited March 2014
Chicago Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A restaurant I could eat at every week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am fortunate that I get to eat in some very good restaurants. Many are great experiences and I may go once or twice. The menu and cooking at the Hole in the Wall makes you want to come as often as you can. Last week the presentation of the raw oysters was very cool and they were fresh and perfectly served. The soft shell crab was possibly the best I have ever had. We came in a party of six and each person was very pleased with their meal. The wine list could be bigger but it is fairly priced. They do have some outside dining but surrounded by parking. You go there for the food.

There is always a line of people waiting to get in. That can be a bummer but worth the wait.

• Visited May 2014
Thank MR.KMD
Northbrook, Illinois
“Best restaurant in Northbrook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This have been my favorite restaurant in Northbrook for many years and have never been disappointed. My wife and I always start with the Hole in the Wall salad and love all the pasta dishes. The restaurant is very small and always busy. My advice is to go early or be prepared to have a glass of wine while you wait for a table. Definitely worth the wait and you can tell that everything is made by hand. Their desserts are great too.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Erick W
Northbrook, Illinois, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Best Italian Restaurants in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Hole in the Wall is simply one of the best meals you can have in Chicagoland. I have not had better in town and only some of what I have had in Italy is better. We have been here many times over many years and it is consistently excellent food. The pastas are great, the seafood is always excellent, and the meat dishes are wonderful. Favorites include the Osso Bucco, Frank's Favorite Pasta, Chicken Vesuvio, Linguini with Clam Sauce. In actuality, I can't say we have ever not liked much of anything, nor can i say I have ever heard anyone say they don't like the place. The menu always has excellent variety and does change but they will pretty much make you what you want. It is small, as the name would imply, and waits can be long on weekends and prime times. Go early if you can, but go!

• Visited February 2014