“Great food!”

Dining options: Lunch
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My absolute favorite place anywhere for chicken vesuvio and tiramisu. None better. Place is small, tables are close together but the food is terrific. Ambiance not so great.

Visited June 2013

tokyo
“Time to pack it in”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I first ate at the Hole in the Wall in 1986 when my parents moved to the area. It is solid enough at the time and my family and continued going there for next 10 years or so, but stopped as the options for Italian improved on the Northshore. My father requested that we go there and did so. I suppose the only people who could like this place compare it to the Olive Garden or something equally vile. The salad was fine, but the pasta and other dishes were overpriced and dull. My ravioli was watery and my father's lasagna was huge, but essentially Stouffers. The desert options were strange American cakes. For throughly Americanized Italian in a totally cramped space, this is your place.

• Visited April 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
“For years wonderful place to dine.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The veal chop in lemon sauce was OUTSTANDING! The ambiance is quaint European. The service is excellent. Fun dining.

1 Thank Francesca Jo C
Chicago, Illinois
“This is the place to eat!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm from Brooklyn living in Chicago. I am very homesick and was looking for a place that would be like back home. This is it! From the personal greeting at the door to the amazing homemade food served at your table as fresh as can be! I make it here every month once a month because I live 1 hour and a half away from here! This is it I found the best place be t to home in Illinois!

Lake Forest, IL
“The best !”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great food on the cheap! Limited space parking lot! Get there early and bring cash! No credit cards. Worth the hassle. A local dining institution!

Visited December 2012