“Great food”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have not been here for a while but the food is fabulous. It is very crowded and very small. The wait is long at peak times . But I love the atmosphere, a small Italian grotto. It is worth the wait.

There are newer reviews for Francesco's Hole In The Wall

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great menu with a lot of choices. Food is good.  Table are a little close together.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I went there for my birthday celebration. It is one of the local places that I love going for special celebrations. The food is delicious and there's no menu, it is written on a chalkboard daily. The food is very fresh and the service is great. Our waitress was very pleasant and fun to talk to. What I hate most is when I go to a restaurant and the waitress is moody and not friendly. I had the skirt steak and it was delicious. I definitely would go back to try others. You have to get there when they open or you will have to wait a little while.

1  Thank 2bumdrifters
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Well I was in the area and flying solo so I decided to check out top places on tripadvisor. This place popped up and was only a couple miles from my hotel. What an awesome restaurant! It was extremely small, only 14 or 15 tables but thats what made it even better. You need good eyes because there isn't a menu...its all written on the wall!! Not to worry, I couldn't imagine ordering anything that wasn't fantastic. Shells w/Veal Meat Balls in a mushroom tomato sauce....fabulous meal! I told the owner that I found his place on line and liked it a lot. Next thing I knew, he comped me my desert--Tiramisu. I'll come back anytime I'm in the area.

1  Thank bogeysilly
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Our hotel recommended this place and we were glad they did. I admired the large chalkboard listing all the great seafood & Italian specialties. Dining with vegetarian friends we had to ask our server for vegie options. She offered Eggplant parmesan & a ravioli dish. As a lover of eggplant I decided to skip the tempting seafood offerings and go with that. Great choice! So light, cheesy, and topped with a flavorful fresh tomato sauce. The ravioli eater in the group was also pleased. Seafood next time!
Only drawback, It is a tiny dining space and when filled was a bit claustrophobic.