“Sizzle!!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 119 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dundee / Sunset Ridge
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Northbrook, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Skokie, Illinois
“Sizzle!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I think that this is one of the best steakhouses in a town known for great meat. A quieter place that feels fancier and more intimate than the competition. The hot plates are awesome and the experience is at the next level above most. A really special night out here.

Visited October 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A Consistent Winner”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

As always, A Winner. Having a great meal is the norm when eating at Ruth's Chris. It doesn't matter if it is a Filet, Rib eye or Porterhouse, it is always dynamite. It is my go to steak house no matter what city I am in, as clients always enjoy their dinner.

• Visited June 2013
Highland Park, IL
“Memorable Meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My Caeser salad had just the right flavors. My strip steak was served hot and sizzling, rare as I had ordered and had the full flavor of prime beef. For dessert I devoured the bread pudding with whiskey sauce, better than any I've eaten in restaurants except for a place in New Orleans. We also ordered shoestring fried potatoes but they were a bit too salty for our tastes. The steak is large but I ate all of it, dipping each portion in the melted butter on the plate. Restaurants tend to be uncomfortably noisey these days but though every talble seemed full as we dined, my wife and I were able to talk with each other across the table without raising our voices. Our waiter took our orders and the food was served promptly. As for the ambience, I remember the dark woods, a gas fireplace and illumination that was comfortable but a spotlight directly over our table making it easy to read the menu. Don't laugh: A couple of restaurants we've eaten in were so dark, in one place the waiter volunteered a flashlight and in the other, we had to get up from the table and find a place with enough light to read the menu. We've dined at Ruth's in many different cities and I like the consistency of its menu offerings everywhere. All in all, this was a memorable meal.

• Visited June 2013
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Waited 45 minutes With a Reservation”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I refused to go back. I hate to be kept waiting but when I have a reservation it is totally unacceptable beyond 10 minutes. The food was fine but my evening was ruined. The put butter on their steaks and I hated that.

Medford, New Jersey
“Late Dinner at the Bar”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My colleague and I arrived at the bar at 9:30 on a Wednesday night and were promptly attended. All of the beer is bottled so I would have preferred a few selections on tap. I ordered a chopped salad with crab cakes for an entree. The chopped salad was well-seasoned and dressed with a lemon basil dressing and the crab cakes came in a brown butter sauce which was good. The steak my co-worker order smelled and looked great. The bartender was very friendly and overall would come back on my next trip to Northbrook.

• Visited April 2013