“A Consistent Winner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 110 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dundee / Sunset Ridge
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Northbrook, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A Consistent Winner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

As always, A Winner. Having a great meal is the norm when eating at Ruth's Chris. It doesn't matter if it is a Filet, Rib eye or Porterhouse, it is always dynamite. It is my go to steak house no matter what city I am in, as clients always enjoy their dinner.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Highland Park, IL
“Memorable Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My Caeser salad had just the right flavors. My strip steak was served hot and sizzling, rare as I had ordered and had the full flavor of prime beef. For dessert I devoured the bread pudding with whiskey sauce, better than any I've eaten in restaurants except for a place in New Orleans. We also ordered shoestring fried potatoes but they were a bit too salty for our tastes. The steak is large but I ate all of it, dipping each portion in the melted butter on the plate. Restaurants tend to be uncomfortably noisey these days but though every talble seemed full as we dined, my wife and I were able to talk with each other across the table without raising our voices. Our waiter took our orders and the food was served promptly. As for the ambience, I remember the dark woods, a gas fireplace and illumination that was comfortable but a spotlight directly over our table making it easy to read the menu. Don't laugh: A couple of restaurants we've eaten in were so dark, in one place the waiter volunteered a flashlight and in the other, we had to get up from the table and find a place with enough light to read the menu. We've dined at Ruth's in many different cities and I like the consistency of its menu offerings everywhere. All in all, this was a memorable meal.

• Visited June 2013
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Waited 45 minutes With a Reservation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I refused to go back. I hate to be kept waiting but when I have a reservation it is totally unacceptable beyond 10 minutes. The food was fine but my evening was ruined. The put butter on their steaks and I hated that.

Medford, New Jersey
“Late Dinner at the Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My colleague and I arrived at the bar at 9:30 on a Wednesday night and were promptly attended. All of the beer is bottled so I would have preferred a few selections on tap. I ordered a chopped salad with crab cakes for an entree. The chopped salad was well-seasoned and dressed with a lemon basil dressing and the crab cakes came in a brown butter sauce which was good. The steak my co-worker order smelled and looked great. The bartender was very friendly and overall would come back on my next trip to Northbrook.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gresham, Oregon
“As always, Ruth's Chris Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Well appointed, and the food was excellent. Not too much, just right, and the quality of the food, from the salads, meats to the veggies, were all excellent. I might be a bit of a complainer because of being spoiled, but not a complainer when there is nothing to complain about. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013