Sybaris Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel(Northbrook)(Great Value!)
$116
Hilton Northbrook(Northbrook)(Great Value!)
$152
$137
Hilton.com
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook(Northbrook)(Great Value!)
$85
$148
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$99
All reviewssteam roomparadise suitehot tubmajestic pool suiteparadise poolchocolate covered strawberriessurround sounddvd playermood lightingwatch tvromantic atmospheremusic playingmetal laddersstayed nightscheck in was easybed was very comfortablewaterfall
FilterAll languages
wisconsin
Reviewed March 21, 2006

Me and my husband booked the signature suite for our honeymoon. The room was very clean and tidy. lots of privacy. everything was really nice. the only complaint i have is the resturant connected to the hotel their food was not very good but there are other resturants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed November 29, 2005

My husband and I recently booked a room at the Sybaris for our anniversary. We booked a "Deluxe Whirlpool Suite" for 2 nights that included a huge whirlpool tub and a steam shower. We paid $390, which included a couple extras - a few bath wraps, a 'massage candle', and it was supposed to have a bottle of champagne each night (we only got one.)

However, we left feeling that it was a little pricey for what we left with. While on outward appearance it was beautiful (looked clean, nice & private, smelled good, etc...), the bed was SUPER firm... We weren't sure if there was even a box spring, but didn't want to look. We both left with backaches. The steam room had quite a lot of visible mold & mildew (which I understand, is hard to contain in a room like that, but for $200 a night, I think this should be attacked with some tilex mold & mildew....). I accidentally bumped this rubber square on the floor (that I think was covering up a drain by the hot tub, and it was really gross. The room was pretty clean, but the tile on the floor of the bathroom wasn't. The TV had very limited channels - about 10 channels - and 4 of them were movie channels - but the same movie (Ray or Dodgeball) was played OVER and OVER... I know that TV isn't the purpose of those suites, but even the 'adult' network didn't work right (it was paused on one weird scene the entire 2nd day and night).

There was a sharper image massaging chair in the room. That was a nice extra. The lights & mirrors were everywhere and that was a neat feature.

The staff was very nice and helpful - gave us a great recommendation for breakfast.

All in all, as people on a tighter budget where this was a very expensive stay for us, I don't think we'd go back. It was fun once, but I think other hotels are just as nice for $100 or so less, even with a whirlpool tub. It was nice for a one-time-experience, but I'm not sure I'd fork over $400 for 2 nights anytime in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2005
24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2005

This place was fantastic every penny worth the stay and absolutely somewhere we will visit again.

• Stayed: April 2004
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 22, 2003

I enjoyed all the ammenities but felt odd in regards to the reputation
of Sybaris' sites. Instead I was shown clean inspiring accommodations.
My partner reconciled the forethought in booking the room and procurement of non-standard particulars but allowed me to right of desision in suites. Your own imagination limits you to your sojourn. Plan ahead and be rewarded! ;)

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2003

My intimate friend of 8 years decided to take me on a romantic night away. I had no idea what he had in mind, but I went along for the ride.
What a ride it was. From the moment I stepped through the door, I was amazed by the breathtaking room. The night was awsome. And I owe my exprience to my best friend and my new found friends at Sybaris. Thank you for the most unforgetable night of my life.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member