“High Cost for a Lousy Experience”
Review of AMC Theatres

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
AMC Theatres
Oswego, IL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“High Cost for a Lousy Experience”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

In my last (and final) visit to an AMC Theatre location, I spent $40 dollars. I won't deny that sometimes the experience costs that much money, and I accept that ticket prices are high almost everywhere, but what I received in service was worth maybe $10.
AMC offers food choices in addition to their regular concessions, but the food was pasty and cold, despite the fact that they ran their "fried foods" through a giant heater. It took 10 minutes to receive what I payed for, and I almost missed my show.
In the sticky, uncleaned auditorium, I eventually found a seat. I use the word "eventually," because there were no lights in the aisle to show me where the ends of the rows were, and I had to stumble through the dimly lit theatre without any other light.
When the movie started, there was a very long and uncomfortable pause between the ads and the trailers, causing us to wonder if they had made an error in the projection booth. After the movie was underway, I heard several people complain that the movie was too dim to be worth their ticket price.
I was severely disappointed in the presentation of the film, the condition of the theatre, and the service I was provided by the staff. If you have to see a movie and the closest theatre is an AMC, I would consider driving a few extra miles to get to a Kerasotes or a local chain.

Visited May 2012

chicago
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Good Theatre”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

AMC could up grade their seats, but overall a good theater. We go to this theater at least 1/month. Service is always good, they keep it clean, bathrooms are clean too.

Visited October 2012
Lake Zurich, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Well maintained family place”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We go here frequently, and always have a good time. only, as with all other theatres, they have very expensive, and very limited eats, especially if you re not into hotdogs and nachos!
could do with some creativity and innovation there!

Visited September 2012
Elgin, IL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“If you're into huge and shiny, and are willing to pay extra, then this is the place for you”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you love to feel like you're in the biggest, most crowded, fanciest, shiniest movie theater, with the most concession choices, and hugest screens, then go for it...but be ready to pay dearly for it. The prices are ridiculous, especially if you're bringing a whole family. And I always feel crowded in - way too many people and lots of noise

Cary, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seats!!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very comfortable access to all theaters and great view!

Visited June 2012

Been to AMC Theatres? Share your experiences!