“Good food if you're in a hurry.” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Claim Company
Ranked #16 of 118 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Northbook Court is part of the CTA route and can be picked-up or dropped off at many Mall entrances.
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food if you're in a hurry.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm not so sure how to rate this restaurant, as I have conflicting feelings. The food was actually good. No need to elaborate on this, as plenty of others have. This is a casual dining establishment. The service was lightning fast. We barely blinked and the food arrived. I did feel that they were looking for fast turnover. My husband and I like to be more leisurely, as dinner is a great time to discuss life. This is not the place for this practice. Get in, get out. Yes, it's also a family restaurant, so it's noisy and bustling. I don't think I've ever been anywhere where I've had faster service. Not planning on going back, despite the food.

• Visited October 2012

Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great Restaurant at Northbrook Mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to travel to this area for business a few times each year and always stop by for dinner. The service has always been excellent. It is one of the few restaurants that you can find that has a salad bar and a very good one at that. My favorite dish is the barbeque salmon. I would highly recommend eating here if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Waukee, Iowa
“Big Burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a family event to attend and chose this after it came recommended from one of the family members who lived nearby. I had the Motherlode and it was a plenty big burger. You get to choose the bun, I recommend the Pretzel Bun (doesn't look like a pretzel). You get to choose from a pethora of toppings, cheeses, etc. for your burger. Very nice salad bar too. The food was very good. We were pressed for time but the service was outstanding. The atmosphere was excellent and certainly contributed to a fun evening.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Randall L
Chicago, IL
“good menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I eat pretty natural...no carbs, sugar, or extra sauces. Had no problem with this menu at all all I did the motherload....made a chicken sandwich...no bun and i got a sweet potato with paying extra! Mom got the salad bar, dad got the tacos. Everyone was happy with lunch. We spent extra time catching up, the server did not rush us out the door. A little pricy...but this is Northbrook, even the Mcd's are fancy.

• Visited April 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Motherlode”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I met some friends here because it's a good half-way point between downtown and the far-north suburbs. We each got versions of the Motherlode, a burger/veggie burger/chicken sandwich with a huge list of customizable options for free. You choose your bun, cheese, toppings (as many as you like) and sauce. Sub in sweet potato fries ... delicious.

Our server was a bit rude, clearly trying to get us to turn over the table almost as soon as we set our forks down and hovering until we paid the bill. But the food was a good value -- you can easily make two meals of the motherlode sandwich. I'd recommend this to friends and will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2012