“good value”

Pavilion Restaurant-Northbrook
Reserve with OpenTable
Pavilion Restaurant-Northbrook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 118 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waukgen & Lake Cook Rd
Description: From the moment you enter Pavilion until the moment you leave, your senses are indulged. Pavilion's elegant decor features natural stone, signature cuisine: a fusion of flavors inspired by modern interpretations of French, Eastern European and American favorites. With an original array of superbly prepared fare Pavilion appeals to a broad spectrum of discriminated palettes. Our elegant and sophisticated bar offers a fine selection of international wines, beer, cocktails and specialty drinks. Ideally located in the heart of Chicago's North Shore, whether you're enjoying a business lunch or dinner with friends and family at Pavilion Restaurant you're assured the utmost in food, service and ambiance, as well as a unique fine dining experience.
Mount Prospect
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had a living social coupon so we tried it , the tables are far enough apart that we had a quiet meal. Veronica was attentive. I liked that the wine was served in individual carafes and that all silver and glass was polished.I also liked that I was given a choice on the left overs to have it done in the kitchen or tableside. The veggie sides were on the small side. The lamb chops were cooked exactly as I ordered them as was our steak. The beet chips were to die for. I also liked that we were given the option of ordering items not in our coupon for the price difference only.
The check showed what the price would have been without our coupon and we agreed that it was a good value at full price even for what we had.

• Visited September 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Meh...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I attended a luncheon the other day. For $23 we got the following: Pass around salad. For a table of ten, had to be replaced twice. Very skimpy family style. Mashed potatoes (salty), fish and chicken served family style. Just okay. Veggies, another pass around bowl that needed replacing twice. Poor planning of family style... seems like the wanted us NOT to eat much. We were disapointed. We will not return to try the restaurant side. Beare if you are planning a luncheon.

• Visited September 2012
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Poor Quality Food and Rude Employees”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was really excited to try this restaurant while my family was in town. I had received a restaurant.com gift certificate and figured we'd give it a try. When I called to ask what time dinner began, as we were doing a late lunch, they said 4pm and recommended that I book a reservation. I thought this was odd, for that time, but proceeded to do so per their suggestion. Once we arrived not a single soul was there besides the waitstaff. We got to know them very well, as we were sitting in a completely empty restaurant and yet all the servers sat at the booth next to us listening to our entire conversation. Very uncomfortable.

I ordered the lobster, but when they realized I was using a Restaurant.com gift certificate the waitress , after speaking with management, told me they were all out. They had just opened and it was the day before a holiday. Besides, I called in an hour later and found out they had plenty of lobster in stock. Oh and when I called I had dialed their banquet line by mistake (as that is the number that is listed when you search the place on yahoo). The woman screamed "Hello" and I thought I had the wrong number. Then I asked if she could transfer me to the restaurant line and she said no. And she said that my lazy self could call their other number. After being treated even more rudely, I called and was told the lobster was in fact on the menu and had been for the entire day.

So instead I ordered crab cakes and two appetizers. The waitress warned me that I had to pay extra for my appetizers. And it was going to be an extra $6!!! Perhaps the lady did not not notice my Rolex watch or Mink, but I am hardly a woman that cannot afford to spend an extra $6. Then she came back again and asked if I understood the noodles didn't come with my meal and that I was sure I wanted to pay extra, I was deeply offended by her accusing me of being "cheap" and three times now since I had arrived. I simply had a gift certificate to use, I wasn't exactly a "bargain hunter".

The entire time the staff kept looking and listening to everything we did and said. But I still had to ask three times for our appetizer plates. Can't excuse them by saying the place was busy or that they didn't notice us.

Even though the waitress was rude and messed up every step of the meal I still tipped her the standard 20%, $20 of our $100 meal. Luckily for me she added an additional gratuity and I ended up tipping her double for the louzy service.

And this all wasn't even the worst part of all. The worst part was that the food was terrible!!! I ended up getting crabcakes. Tasted like something out of a box from the local Wal-mart. Then I had ordered an egg-noodle appetizer. And they weren't kidding. It was just egg noodles. No sauce. No cheese. No spice. Just some plain egg noodles on a plate. I didn't even bother trying it. Does anyone actually enjoy plain dry noodles?

My parents were also greatly disappointed in the poor quality lamb chops and bland tortellini. Overall it was a complete and total utter disappointment. I overpaid (due to their manipulating the check) for discomfort, insults, and horrible food!!

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Maria0982
“Outstanding food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

I took the family there to try something new. We were not disappointed, the food was excellent and so was the service. We will be back.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Classy place with interesting and unique cuisine from Eastern Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Went for dinner here while on business in Northbrook. What a pleasant surprise! Their Eastern European menu provided food that I absolutely could never find back at home (Tulsa, OK). Everything was delicious. My waitress (Jennifer?) was extremely efficient, helpful, and professional. The restaurant has a nice quiet atmosphere. There is a gorgeous bar and lounge area if that's the kind of thing you like. The place seems very new. I'd definitely go back here if I lived in the area. It's in a mini-mall area that is quite far back from the street, so make sure you look up the location online first, otherwise you might miss it.

• Visited June 2011