“A good family restaurant”

Barnabys of Northbrook
Ranked #9 of 123 Restaurants in Northbrook
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you don't mind noise, kids, and dim lighting, the place has very good food. Delicious thin crust pizza, pasta, and chicken parmigiana. The ambiance is non existant but if you're just looking for reasonably priced, tasty food, it's worth going.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been coming to the Northbrook Barnabys for over 20 years! In my opinion this place has the BEST thin crust pizza in all of Chicagoland. I don't know what it is about the Northbrook Barnabys but the pizza here tastes MUCH better than the pizza at other Barnabys locations (such as the Des Plaines and Schaumburg ones). The spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs is also excellent here as well! I hope to keep coming here and enjoying the awesome pizza for another 20 years!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Glad I read about this restaurant before I went so that I had some idea of what to expect.

Seat yourself, order at one counter, drink at bar, voice yells, get appetizer at window 2, same voice, get pizza at mysterious tiny window that no one will help you find.

I just felt very out of step and working too hard for pizza. The drinks are at a bar and not free refills. The bartender looked less than thrilled to be there and then very less that thrilled that I did not tip him for my soda. Sorry but no. My appetizer was quite good but the pizza was just alright. The crust is very hard and does look like a pie crust (which is kinda fun). It certainly wasn't the worst pizza ever but not the best by any means. I read some terrible reviews about the employees but beyond the attitude bartender everyone seemed pretty nice.

1  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Fun place for dinner and you can walk from hotel! Give it a try. Reasonable prices and cold beer. Pizza is thin crust. Veal Parm was a hearty dish.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was good: It wasn't very fancy -- as other reviewers may have mentioned, you order at the counter. It has a very old-country 70s feel to it. I like the great pricing and had the veal parmigiana. I enjoyed lunch so much I went back for dinner with colleagues afterward. Very friendly staff.

I would visit again.