“I Liked It”

Ranked #10 of 120 Restaurants in Northbrook
Toronto
“I Liked It”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was good: It wasn't very fancy -- as other reviewers may have mentioned, you order at the counter. It has a very old-country 70s feel to it. I like the great pricing and had the veal parmigiana. I enjoyed lunch so much I went back for dinner with colleagues afterward. Very friendly staff.

I would visit again.

• Visited September 2011

Avon, Indiana
“Quick option for lunch”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

You order at the counter and then find your own seat. The food is good enough and it's a quick option for lunch.

Visited March 2012
Alexandria, VA
“Good food and good value, but needs better signage inside”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was staying at the hotel across the street and walked over for dinner. Very good food! Not having been here before though, I was confused about the business model. When you walk in, there's a hostess station, but no sign that says to go to the back counter to order. I figured it out by watching others walk straight to the back. You order your food at one counter, and then wait in a second line at the bar to order your drinks. The night I was here the bar line was pretty long, so the food counter was calling out my order number while I was still in line at the bar. So you end up with two credit card receipts, two separate tips (not sure what exactly I was tipping?), and you carry your food back to your table. I think I would have preferred regular waitress service at a place with the food as good as it was, plus I should have chosen to not sit next to the guy with the microphone that was calling out food orders while trying to enjoy my meal. Still, I enjoyed it and would go back next time I'm in town

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank saxorob
Braselton, Georgia
“pinched but perfect”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Barnaby's is a Chicago landmark. They serve the best corn meal thin crust pizza with pinched edges,containing their own fresh sauce. The service style is unique-- you pick your table then go to the order counter to order and pay. they will call your # when it is ready. Drinks are ordered from a seperate full service counter and some beverages are available in pitchers. We had Mustaccioli (delicious) potato skins ( a specialty) ceasar salad and a pizza made to order with our ingedients. No room for desert.

• Visited April 2012
L.A.
“Shakey's Pizza with an attitude”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This place was across the street from our hotel. The restaurant has no signage that it is self-serve. The food was average at best. We tried it once BUT would not go back.

Visited May 2012

Been to Barnabys of Northbrook? Share your experiences!