“Great Steaks!”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Northbrook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 124 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dundee
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Mouthwatering steaks and great wine! Staff was amazing - gave us a private room for our group of 10!

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Walked in with no reservations and sat at the bar. We were greeted immediately and served our drinks. Our server was fantastic and playful and made the evening even more enjoyable. We did special order the salad and it was wrong twice. We asked to hold the anchovies and ranch instead of bleu cheese. No big deal. Once we received our steaks we were so thrilled! Perfectly prepared, great cut, and the taste was amazing!! Between cocktails and two entrees/one side, it was a $200 ticket, but we so enjoyed this steak!!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

We went for dinner on a Saturday night and were extremely disappointed. We ordered the oysters Rockerfeller to start and received only 4 oysters for $17. They were incredeibly bland and a total waste of money. My husband had the New York Strip and a majority of the steak was fat. I ordered the filet. It was good, but definitely way overpriced. The waitress was pushy and the service was slow. I have an long-term illness and have difficulty cutting things sometimes. The waitress actually made an inappropriate comment about how I was eating my meal. Overall, a bad experience that ended up costing us over $200. I will never go back!

1  Thank Elemeno
Reviewed January 5, 2010

This place is so completely overated. The steaks are great and they better be for $50 but Wildfire has a great steak for about $15 less. You pay for all the sides at Mortons. Good food and drinks, great service but horrible value.

1  Thank Jay K
Reviewed December 21, 2009

My husband and I have always celebrated my birthdays at Morton's, the last 2 at the "new" Northbrook location.
Their food is expensive but outstanding. The decor is elegant but comfortable. You can order a hamburger at the bar and wear jeans if you like.
The staff makes a big fuss of you. When my husband told them on the phone it was my birthday, they printed our menus with my name and a special greeting. They also took a picture of the two of us in our special booth which faced into the DR Hollywood style, and gave it to us in a black-cardboard mount signed by all the staff!
For desert, I got a complimentary Grand Marnier souffle---their souffles are all exquisite---and then I ordered the lemon. Yes, we finished them both,although we took part of our filets mignonne home.