““Funky Fish””

Lucky Fish Northbrook
Ranked #44 of 127 Restaurants in Northbrook
Description: The North Shore's Premier destination for fresh seafood! Also, desserts, wines and craft beers. Open 7 days a week. ONCE UPON FAMILY'S NEWEST CATCH We only believe in serving the freshest seafood from all over the world. It's the closest thing to getting it fresh off the boat. FRESH SEAFOOD. DELIVERED DAILY. Featuring the freshest seafood and handcrafted cocktails around, our Highwood and Northbrook locations offer a fusion of New Orleans and East Coast flavors with a Mexican flair. FROM THE OCEANS TO THE NORTH SHORE Located on Restaurant Row in Highwood and on Shermer Road in Northbrook, we offer city-style, sophisticated, casual dining on Chicago's North Shore. Located in Northbrook, IL
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We wanted to go to a new place for dinner, so we tried Lucky Fish in Glenview for an early Sunday Dinner.
The space was industrial chic, with a great outdoor seating area. We chose to sit inside since it was a bit cool and windy.
My wife started with the Lobster Bisque, which was a bit to spicy for her. I finished it, and thought it was good. She had the grilled salmon, which she said was good but not special. The grilled vegetables that came with it had very little flavor. I had the enchiladas with lobster, which I thought were excellent. The menu is a bit limited, but you can find something you enjoy. They do have a few Cajun styled meals.
I would like to go back and try a couple of the other entrees, but my wife is not so inclined.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Lucky Fish is a great addition to downtown Northbrook with a nice variety of seafood and other favorite dishes. They have an awesome bar and ample seating inside and out. The food is outstanding.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Sharp new place for fresh fish and seafood. Lobster roll was pretty filled with tender lobster and chef's salad was large and good-looking (and with plenty of large shrimp and calamari. We stopped in for a leisurely lunch and it was a good thing, because service wasn't exactly speedy. Nor are the prices low, but the quality of the food preparation is excellent. Worth a visit if fish and seafood is your thing.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

This is a very casual restaurant with a wide selection of fish dishes. A friend had what she said was very good paella. Her husband had so-so fried catfish and hushpuppies. I live in the south and found one I ate to be very greasy. My wife and I had very good grilled calamari over a large salad. My wife also had a signature vodka drink that she initially returned because it was so sweet and did not have the advertised mint leaves. That was remedied, and she enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

The restaurant is big and reasonably noisy; it has a large outdoor patio in back. The fare is primarily seafood with a number of unusual-sounding and tasty menu items. We enjoyed the lobster roll and the fancy surfer enchiladas (at $22 for lunch they were pricey but delicious), including a fair amount of lobster and cheese and other good ingredients such as mango salsa). I wasn't crazy about the indoors decor, but that may just be a matter of taste. I give high marks for the food and not such good marks for the decor.