“By far the best hotel experience I have had in awhile”

Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Warren, Ohio
“By far the best hotel experience I have had in awhile”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

First, I was trying to call hotels in the Chicago area that accepted a dog and had a place that we could park a truck and trailer. After calling about 18 different uncooperative hotels, I reached Bradley at this location who was welcoming, knowledgeable, good attitude, and pleasant. He told me that they did not have a pet fee, plenty of parking and before getting off the phone said he would leave the later shift employee a note since I would be arriving late. Then before saying goodbye he told me to continue to have a safe trip on my way there. When arriving the guy who checked me in was also nice. The room was clean, comfortable and I was impressed. We had to get on the road in the morning and I got to meet Bradley on my way out to thank him for the excellent service he provided to me and my family. EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, the team works very hard to ensure our guest have a pleasant stay. It is wonderful to hear that all their hard work is appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Burlingame, California
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed with my son while visiting the Chicago-area colleges. It was very convenient from O'Hare and to get to Northwestern.

As compared to other Sheratons on this trip, the property feels very new and very clean. The room was very comfortable for two people. The lounge is a very nice option for complementary breakfast which adds to the value of staying here.

I've been a regular guest of this property for years, but always for business. I was very pleased overall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that all went well with your visit to NU, we are huge fans and hope to see you again in the near future!
OHIO
Reviewed April 13, 2014

stayed friday night. outside is fine near lots of shopping whole foods across the street. the inside is very dark and dreary. we had a room on the club floor and the lounge was ok not much food and a little dirty. went to the room and the stink from the bathroom was horrible. i had seen this on other reviews. the room is very dark with not enough lighting. but the bathroom was so bad we left early.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much with sharing your feedback, we appreciate your time and truly take your feedback very seriously. I can assure you the team is working to correct the issue with the bathroom and hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Thanks so much!
Providence
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nothing really remarkable about this Sheraton, except maybe that it's quite new. It isn't huge, I don't think there are any real views (certain my room didn't have one), but the rooms are nice and on the large side, and everything worked. Free wifi is nice. The business center is just some computers in the lobby with a printer, but that worked well for my needs.

I picked the Sheraton because I was arriving in the evening at O'Hare, renting a car and heading to the Northern suburbs. Rather than pay for hotel parking in Rosemont or wait till the morning to rent, I figured I'd stop somewhere inexpensive (with free parking) and convenient. For that purpose the Sheraton did turn out very well.

1 Thank Crito0
We truly appreciate your time in reviewing the hotel. We are glad that overall you were pleased with the hotel and that it served you well. If there is anything you should need in the future please don't hesitate to let the team know, we are all here to make your experience with us the best it can be. Happy Travels!
Weston, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 18, 2014

For starters, staff were friendly and helpful, the room was very comfortable, and the location was fantastic. But now to go in more depth.

The Area:
I stayed at this location mid March for a physical fitness test the following day at a near by facility, (NIPSTA). Lots of construction in the area made getting here kind of frustrating. There was no construction in the immediate area of the hotel and no construction noise was heard in my room. The area is a very wealthy community. All gated communities actually. Many stores are in the area including Kohls, REI, and many specialty stores. There are many food options, however, most are up scale and not the best on a budget or on the go.

Check In:
There is limited parking by the main entrance of the hotel which was all taken by cars that looked as if they hadn’t moved yet that week so I parked fair distance away but didn’t mind the walk. The lobby was very clean and staff was very helpful and welcoming. Registration went very quick and I was on my way to my room within 5 minutes of walking in the door.

The Room:
I had a single king bed room. A very comfortable bed at that and a very clean room. Plenty of space and a nice TV with a good selection of channels to chose from. A very large desk was also in the room covering the air conditioner and had more than enough space for studying. Room service menu was very limited and as one would expect, pricey.

The Restaurant/Bar:
Since there wasn’t much for good quick food or sports bars around, I ate at the restaurant/bar in the hotel. The bartender recommended the more expensive dish as I would expect, however, it was definitely worth the price. The “Marchand Vin Tenderloin” was fantastic. The bartender was friendly and was very timely with everyone’s food and drink orders.

Pool/Fitness:
Fitness area was great. I didn’t realize until I had been on the elliptical for a few minutes that the wall behind me was glass and everyone in the pool could see the fitness area. The equipment was fairly new and in good condition. Plenty of workout towels were available and music in the fitness area was at a moderate volume. There were plenty of options to work out as well.

The pool was a little different… I didn’t swim in the pool myself, however, I was there when others were swimming and got out very itchy. There were no pool towels on the shelf either time I used the pool and both times I informed staff that there were no towels before I got in hoping there would be some when I got out of the whirlpool. It appeared as though the pool was the last place anyone wanted to clean as well since there were towels all over the deck all the time, piled on tables etc… The whirlpool is small… When the jets are going it was all foam and you couldn’t see the water. I decided to stop using it when I saw the amount of green scum floating around… quite disgusting.

DON’T SHOWER TOO LONG:
After the whirlpool I got in the shower, the bathroom doors are sliding doors that look quite appealing, however, don’t seem to block in much steam. I had been in the shower for maybe 10 minutes when I heard the fire alarm going off. I got out, got dressed and walked into the hall only to realize my alarm was the only one going off. I got a call from the hotel desk asking if there was a fire and I said not in my room. Maintenance showed up and as he walked in the room he said “you shouldn’t have done it man, no long showers.” 10 minutes and still wreaking of whirlpool chemicals is not my idea of a long shower and the attitude was not appreciated. He left after silencing the alarm and getting a new one only to have it go off a second time 20 minutes later. This time I called the desk since they never called me about it and they were laughing about it in the background and told me to turn on my AC… it was 66 degrees in my room in the first place and now you want me to turn my air on? He came up and rolled his eyes at me as he brought a new smoke detector which actually worked and did not go off. Last I checked, the customer is right… so if you stay here, don’t take long showers. If you do, expect the staff to laugh about the situation and not be very helpful about fixing the situation.

Overall:
That problem isolated, it was a very good experience and a hotel that I would stay at again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dylan O
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the hotel with us. I am happy to see that the majority of your stay was enjoyable. It is regrettable that the end didn't reflect the beginning. We will be utilizing your feedback to train and educate the team on how to best handle these types of situations. Thanks again, we really hope to see you again in the near future!
NY
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Was visiting a friend and it was a hotel close to his house. Tons of shopping nearby the hotel if you need anything. The room is large it was clean and the staff was attentive. I paid $120 including tax for the night.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark L
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
You're feedback is appreciated and we hope that the next time you are in town for a visit you stop in to see us again. Safe Travels!
FFSC
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Good business Hotel, got it on sale for the weekend. Room clean and in decent shape, comfortable bed. Since we obviously were family and the hotel was fairly empty - we would have appreciated two queens or doubles instead of one king, but check in didn't care to ask (so didn't we I've to admit) and eventually we were way,way too tired to bother.
Otherwise no complaints - I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your feedback we appreciate your selection of the Sheraton, when you return to the area please just let us know what you need. We are more than happy to provide you with a more appropriate room to accommodate your family. We truly hope you will give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie

Been to Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!