WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel

Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Nice hotel, but overpriced and small rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel had a modern updated look to it. The lobby does have a nice fireplace with chairs around it. The room is smaller than what I expected. There is a nice long desk if you will be working. The room heater was very loud, woke me up at night. Why does a modern hotel not have central air??? The price was salty too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the hotel with us. Your feedback is very important in helping us to improve our operation. We hope you will consider staying with us again as we continue to grow and improve the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

From the fire burning in the fireplace to the cozy lobby and warm greeting from the gentleman checking me in at the front desk I felt welcome and right at home. The hotel is new and beautifully appointed, it feels more like a boutique hotel than a typical Sheraton. My room on the club floor is beautifully appointed. I live the long desk with a charging station for all of my technology... No crawling on the floor looking for an outlet. Furniture is in new condition, elegant and comfortable. Best of all, a huge fluffy duvet and and huge fluffy white pillows... The bed is pure comfort

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa S
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly work very hard to ensure our guests feel at home and comfortable. Looks like we succeeded!! I will be sure to share your comments with the team and look forward to your next visit.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel but in a very suburban area. We were working near by so this worked well for us, but you probably woiuldnt choose this place unless you needed to be close by.

Had a club room which was nice and a good size. Hotel has small pool and good gym. Bar service is hit and miss with Joe the barman doing more drinking than serving!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I would like to ask that you contact our General Manager, Wolfgang Wildoer at 847-480-1900 as he would be very concerned with our service being less than acceptable. Thanks again and we hope to have you with us in the near future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I would very highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a clean and comfortable hotel stay at a reasonable rate and fairly close to Chicago (although definitely not within walking distance of the city). The check-in process was quick and simple. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. I would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diana S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business. Prior to arriving, I read many of the negative reviews. If you are expecting a resort, you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a nice business travel hotel, you will be pleased. Check in was fast and easy with polite professional service. In fact every staff member with whom I had contact was polite, friendly and professional.

The hotel is fairly new so the building is in good condition. The rooms are on the small side, but not uncomfortably so. The décor is contemporary and attractive with upscale finishes. I particularly liked having the large desk located at the window so that I could look outside while I worked, and the large walk-in shower. I found the hotel to be quiet . I enjoyed my stay.

There were a few areas in which the hotel could improve. I went down for breakfast service, which the hotel states begins at 6:45 a.m. I arrived about 6:48 a.m. and there was already another guest sitting at table. I noticed that he had no coffee, no juice and no other drink or food item on his table. I sat down and waited five minutes and no dining room staff member ever arrived, so I left. If the hotel is going to state that breakfast service begins at 6:45, then it should begin at 6:45. I had business to attend to that morning and could not wait around for wait staff.

My second concern is one that I read about in one of the reviews. When I read this complaint, I thought that the reviewer must be overly critical; however after my own experience, I realized that this reviewer had an accurate complaint. This isn’t terribly important, but it is strange. When changing the channel on the guest room television, the screen goes blank for as long as six seconds before the next channel’s image appears. And the sound for that station doesn’t begin for another two or three seconds. I know this seems like a weird thing to complain about, but it is strangely frustrating when scrolling through the television stations. I’ve never experienced this situation before.

I would stay at this hotel again. The common areas and guest room was clean and in good repair. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel is quiet and at a convenient location. And the staff, with the exception of the breakfast staff, was polite, professional, and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate it and will utilize your comments to help train and educate our Staff. We hope to see you again so you can witness firsthand the improvements we are making. Thanks again!
Campbell, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is your typical Sheraton hotel. I like how they offer full-blown coffee syrups in the lobby so you can make your own vanilla or hazelnut coffee in the morning. Other than that, it's your typical hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We truly appreciate it and hope to see you again very soon!
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The staff are always friendly, and incredibly, one even remembered us from 10 months ago!

The beds are so comfy, sheets silky smooth, pillows soft and supportive, bathroom is elegant and clean, plenty of space to set your bags down on the bench under the wide-screen TV. Fast and easily accessible internet. However, the best secret (and the reason why we came -- besides the staff :) is the hot tub: it has the most powerful jets on the planet. Really a treat. Better than a spa. Ahhh...

Right down the street from a Whole Foods and other shopping, plus Pinstripes (with indoor dining, bowling and bocce ball) if that's your cup of tea.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diana S, Manager at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback! Our staff works very hard to ensure that our guests feel happy and comfortable during their stay. One of the things we pride ourselves on is our employees and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Looking forward to having you stay with us again and again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook

Been to Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!