“Good Experience”

Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in North Chicago
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hello, in this short review I would like to thank to this hotel for making my stay very pleasent. What I like the most was my bedroom since is has a separate kind of walking closet, which help to leave extra space to the room area. Also they told me about the gym facilities that they have at the fitness center just around the corner and also advice me with docs to take with me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 5, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the Naval Base. We had very good service upon check in. All staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and comfortable. We were given great recommendations to local restaurants. They also showed great respect to our Sailor. The only suggestion for improvement that I could give them was to make sure the breakfast was kept stocked in the morning. The manager did show me the new breakfast area that was being remodeled and I am sure it will be very nice when it is finished. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I cheked in the hotel July 18, 2013 Around 8 pm like 20 minutes later my brother called me and told me to visit this page and told me If I was alone just flee the place, Im not going to lie i was SCARED SHI!$&%*! when I read the reviews specially the one dont recomend it if you are a female traveling alone, I was having a nerve breakdown!! I called my fiance and told him about it and he told me just lock your door dont be scared! With that said I still was scared! Just to find out that I was never more safe the staff is awesome the maids are very nice and good cleaning service the place was packed due to bootcamp graduation day on the base. The hotel had great lightning in the parking lot never saw weird people or people around the parking, I dint had any bad experience at all. The staff was great even to go the extra mile and gave me phone numbers of apartments and living complex since im moving in a few months to the city. Dont judge what you read here because if I was true I maybe got rob, raped, my car stolen or other type of terrible stuff!. If you dont like a place just leave dont stay! I will stay in this hotel as many times I need i had a great experience!! Trust me I will come back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Frances40pr
Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Made reservations for two rooms, in same name with same cc number. We were going to see naval graduation, after a long day of travel with young kids, the receptionist could only find one reservation even after we supply the reservation number to him then a man comes out of back office I thought it was to help after all it being almost two a.m. Was surprised to even see him come out. But he agreed with the receptionist, that we had only one room,after an hour of trying to figure it all out they finally "found" us a room. And charged us more than the price we received when the reservation was made. So the next day after graduation we went to talk with a manager. To my surprise it was the man who came from the back office even though he told me he was not the manager the night before. Then come to find out the room they said we never made a reservation for was charged to my cc, when I asked the manager why I was charged the extra, he said it was because I never showed up, but he could find my reservation when I tried to check in so I asked for the key to the room he charged me for and he would give it to me,come to find out he rented it shortly after I was over charged for the third room,the whole thing was a mess and others told me they were over charged also

Room Tip: Don't go he's a thief