“It wasn't bad but needs improvement”

Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in North Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Made reservations for two rooms, in same name with same cc number. We were going to see naval graduation, after a long day of travel with young kids, the receptionist could only find one reservation even after we supply the reservation number to him then a man comes out of back office I thought it was to help after all it being almost two a.m. Was surprised to even see him come out. But he agreed with the receptionist, that we had only one room,after an hour of trying to figure it all out they finally "found" us a room. And charged us more than the price we received when the reservation was made. So the next day after graduation we went to talk with a manager. To my surprise it was the man who came from the back office even though he told me he was not the manager the night before. Then come to find out the room they said we never made a reservation for was charged to my cc, when I asked the manager why I was charged the extra, he said it was because I never showed up, but he could find my reservation when I tried to check in so I asked for the key to the room he charged me for and he would give it to me,come to find out he rented it shortly after I was over charged for the third room,the whole thing was a mess and others told me they were over charged also

Room Tip: Don't go he's a thief
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jake F
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our room was very clean and the beds slept very good. I really liked the fact that each person had four pillows. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. I wish the room had a refrigerator and microwave. It's the closest hotel to the Naval base, which is why we were there. The shuttle service to the graduation at the Naval base was very good. All in all, it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: No pool or restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We booked this hotel online. Arrived at the hotel and noticed it was a little run down. When we finally got to our room, the curtains were hanging off the rod, torn, the bath tub stopper was broken, there was a suspicious lump under the beadspread and yellow stains on the towels. Within minutes we returned to the front desk and were offered another room. The new room had yellow stains on the towels, the lights did not work and like the previous room it smelled like mildew covered up with bleach. We returned to the desk and told them we could not stay here. The desk clerk had to answer a call and left us waiting for quite some time. The manager refused to give anything but his first name??? (In our opinion this was very questionable professionalism)and refused to refund our money for the first night even though we were only there for minutes. It is our opinion that this hotel is very run down, very dirty and questionably safe.

Room Tip: Hotel Marriott
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waukegan
Super 8 Gurnee
Super 8 Gurnee
#8 of 11 in Gurnee

Been to Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago

Property: Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago
Address: 3000 N Skokie Hwy, Corner of Rt.41 & Buckley Road., North Chicago, IL 60044-1193
Location: United States > Illinois > Lake County > North Chicago
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in North Chicago
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago 2*
WE ARE THE CLOSEST HOTEL TO GREAT LAKES NAVAL TRAINING CENTER. 1 MILE. We offer an incredible customer focused staff, upgraded rooms with new linens, beds, and carpet. We take pride in our hotel at Days Inn. Come in and take a look for yourself! WE OFFER COZY AND COMFORTABLE 1 KING, 2 QUEEN, OR JACUZZI SUITE ROOMS. COME ENJOY OUR COMPLIMENTARY CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST EVERY MORNING. PLEASE NOTE OUR ENTIRE HOTEL IS NON SMOKING. ALL ROOMS HAVE BEEN RENOVATED AND UPGRADED. OUR KING ROOMS HAVE A FULL SIZE DESK WITH WORK LAMPS. OTTOMAN, AND WORK TASK CHAIRS. COME ENJOY OUR MODERN LUXURIOUS NEW LOOK. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Great Lakes - N. Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Great Lakes - n. Chicago Hotel North Chicago