Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago
$60
$50
$76
$76
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan(Waukegan)(Great Value!)
$63
$169
$129
Hotels.com
$70
$80
Great Lakes Motel(North Chicago)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A group of 5, we booked 3 rooms. We stayed here because it was close to the Navy bootcamp graduation. For the price we paid, I have to say it was pretty good. We did get the Continental breakfast and a free van service to the graduation. We spent most of our time outside of the hotel. Overall we did have a clean room and daily service. For the price we paid, we were happy. If you are looking for a fancy 5 star hotel, then look else where. If you are looking to save a little money, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My daughter, mother in-law and I stayed here for my husbands bootcamp graduation. The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because his mother in-law insisted on it based on what she saw in a flier provided in his graduation packet. I arrived one day before my mother in-law and my daughter and I had a separate room than hers. The room had a horrible musky smell to it, there was holes in the top blanket, and not even a few hours after arriving I had a large amount of ants in my room coming from underneath the dresser. I called the front desk and informed them of the current situation and they asked if I had left food out unattended ensuring that is why there was ants in the room. Needless to say we hadn't even eaten yet we were a bit jet lagged and took a nap as soon as we arrived and woke up to the ants. The gentleman at the front desk sent a lady down with some bug spray and she simply sprayed the room where the ants were and asked me not to leave food out and left. She was a nice lady that barely spoke a bit of English. Later on that evening my daughter used the restroom and the toilet would not flush. Once again I called the front desk and the gentleman told me to make sure she only uses a couple sheets of toilet paper so she doesn't clog it again. My daughter doesn't need an entire role of toilet tissue, and I highly doubt a six year old going potty would clog a toilet (she never has at home). The same woman came in about twenty minutes and unclogged it for me with a plunger and told me the same thing. The "continental breakfast" consisted of watered down orange juice,only one kind of stale packaged pastries and coffee. It is located right off the highway and literally down the street from the base. There are also a few fast food restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. They also provided free transportation to and from the graduation ceremony. The gentleman at the front desk always seemed as if it was a nuisance if we needed anything, but the housekeeping staff was very very friendly. I guess I got what I paid for (my room was only about $46 a night), but what they advertise is not 100% accurate. I would not recommend this hotel in the future. When I came back a month later to visit my husband I actually stayed at another hotel for about ten-fifteen more dollars than the Red Carpet Inn and it greatly surpassed my expectations. I advise looking at other options before you book with the Red Carpet Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole F
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Cheap prices, only a mile and a half from the navy base. Swimming pool, hot tub, and refrigerator. Room was old but clean. Staff were nice, and they had all information nec for PIR. Even had gate pass printed out.
They had computer in the lobby for printing out boarding passes.

The bad, only pastries and coffee for the breakfast. If you have to stay in a plush hotel then this is not for you. We got twelve pack of coke, boxes of juice, and some water bottles and filled the refrigerator. Room was always clean when we came back in.

We stayed five nights to see our Sailor PIR, then went and toured chicago and local area each day after. Was close to the metra rail. Just a few minutes drive. We enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the building and downstairs, away from the office, so our WIFI was weak. Staying closer to office would probably improve your reception.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Danbud
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The rooms were nothing like the pictures. they were filthy. You don't get any of the amenities they advertise. TV broken, refrigerator didn't work, bathtub dirty, carpet should've been thrown out, NO coffee pot, continetal they promised was not there, they had pastries, coffee, watered down juice, did not see the biscut sausage gravy, the smell was so bad we had to leave

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2012

After reviewing some of the negative feedback, we weren't sure if we should stay. Since it was the closest to the Great Lakes Naval Training Facility, we decided to stay. Glad we did, the room was clean, and we had no issues, and all of the staff were great. The building is well maintained, and there are several places to eat that are within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family