“Much better options”

Cuisines: Sushi
Montgomery, Illinois
“Much better options”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Probably one of the worse places I have been to for sushi. The rolls featured a fish paste that remained my boyfriend of cat food. One roll had tuna that was full of fat and unedible. Salmon was not even close to fresh tasting. Bathrooms featured waterspots and white mold.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great Food and Great Service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our family have been to Sushi Pirate several times. The foods are always good with great quality. We enjoy different kind of sushi such as individual sushi or rolls. We also tried lunch bentobox. It was great too. They have very friendly service. It is only Japanese restaurant in North Aurora area. We really like it here a lot. We will definitely come back again.

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We've been there a couple times now and they always have interesting special rolls. My husband just tried the Nabeyaki Udon Soup. It was good, but beware that you're going to get a whole shrimp, face and all.Sushi and Sashimi are always fresh and good. Beer and sake are a bit overpriced. The waitstaff are friendly and dressed a little like pirates.

• Visited July 2013
Sugar Grove, Illinois
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Before I retired I did quite a bit of traveling to the west coast. In California there is a Sushi restaurant on every corner and I tried to eat at as many of them as I could. Some were so-so, but many were excellent. I would rate Sushi Pirate right there with the best of the California restaurants that I tried. The restaurant is small and tastefully decorated with several booths and some tables as well as the sushi bar. Service was prompt and friendly. The menu is large and reasonably priced. We had Teriaki Chicken with Miso soup and salad as well sashimi and tuna rolls. For desert we had Green Tea, Mango and Strawberry ice creams. The food presentation was outstanding, everything looked tremendous. They have coupons for discounts and 30% off rolls on Sunday. We are so happy that we found this place and will be going back soon.

• Visited April 2013
North Aurora, Illinois
“North Aurora, IL's hidden treasure”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was never a Sushi eater until I ate here and Wang's in North Aurora area. Sushi Pirate definitely has good Sushi and I tried new items called Udon(which is a noodle soup) with Tempura and also Donburi which is a rice dish with Chicken, or whatever meat you like or seafood. They were yummy along with the Shu Mai and Soft shell crab appetizers. Normally during lunch I get the Bento box with Beef Teriyaki. So far, never had a bad meal here and come here regularly for lunch. The service is friendly. They give you a glass of water while you wait for carry outs and will even help take it to your car. The atmosphere is definitely Asian with the background music to go with it.

• Visited March 2013