“Would have been great, but for...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Aurora

Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Aurora
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Aurora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

First, let me begin by saying we often stay at Baymonts which is why I chose this hotel for our recent shopping trip to Aurora. But this isn't a true Baymont. The sign inside says "operated by Aurora Motel, Inc" or something of that nature and the outdoor sign has a different name listed as well. Had I known this, I would have skipped this location all together. My trouble began the night before our arrival when I called to get more specific directions. My Garmin wasn't locating the address and I was looking for assistance. The woman I reached spoke with a heavy accent and when I asked for help, she told me to "Google it". Obviously, I had done that, I wanted it in my GPS (who wants to look at paper directions when they own a GPS). After back and forth, and after she completely stopped talking to me to speak with someone else without an "excuse me a moment" or any indication, I asked to speak with someone else. I was told there wasn't anyone else and I (again) should Google it. UGH! When we arrived the following day, after quite the adventure of seedy back roads and abandoned looking areas, we arrived. The desk clerk was friendly enough, but the hotel was old and in need of updates and repairs. Like another visitor mentioned, it smelled atrocious in the building. And our room... yikes. The floor was filthy... I wouldn't let me kids take their shoes off. And there were dead bugs EVERYWHERE! At least they were dead, right? But, so disgusting! We immediately found another place to stay and left. As we passed the desk on our way out I told the clerk we would not be staying. His response was "Okay, I've cancelled your reservation". He didn't even ask why or if there was anything he could do for us... I'm guessing he was not surprised!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda O
Port Jefferson, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is not in my favorite list. The hotel is old and smelly. Especially the hallways which smell like ashtrays. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. It is surrounded by abandoned and scurry buildings making a perfect scene for a horror movie. To make the whole plot more breathtaking, the hotel is almost impossible to find. You need to drive through deserted parking lots and narrow streets to finally reach it. Around the area nothing to do and nothing to see. Furthermore the hotel has poor sound proof. If you are unlucky and stay on the first or second floor you have to hear the footsteps of the person above you. The breakfast is free and was ok except the coffee which was tasting like water. All this for $70 dollars. Come on. Avoid the hotel unless you get a free stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank grevo77

Travelers are raving about these North Aurora hotels

YOUNGSTOWN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We didn't like the room set-up. The sink not being in the bathroom is not condusive to
privacy. People like privacy when washing up and brushing their teeth. I understand that
other hotels have the same set-up because a family member stayed elsewhere. It still is
not a good idea. Someone dropped the ball on that one. As far as what you can change
at this point, improve cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Aurora? Share your experiences!