All reviews tongue reindeer stew these guys whole group once in a lifetime great company classic tour excellent hiking ahead of schedule unforgettable experience amazing adventure stay overnight pulpit rock bring warm clothes hiking experience tents and sleeping bags took pictures
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2019

I usually avoid group tours/experiences. However I'm so thankful I decided to believe random strangers on the Internet this time around!

Myself and three others (another solo and a lovely French couple) had the pleasure of hiking with Silje. She was utterly professional, fun and engaging without being annoying, and it's easy to tell that hiking and the outdoors truly are passions to her and not merely another job. She set the perfect pace that everyone in our group could manage, and gave great insight to the surrounding terrain. During our hike, we also encountered two of the other guides, (Thor and Oda) who were also great!

As some of the other reviews have said, the bang for your buck in this tour is the fact that everything is taken care of for you. While yes, you could make the hike to Trolltunga and back in a single day - you really don't want to. Unless you are very fit/motivated, you will really lose out on being able to appreciate the beautiful views if you are tired and on a timeline, and it's almost guaranteed that you will encounter a decent queue at Trolltunga unless you start very early. It was exactly as advertised on the website that by the time we arrived there, we were the only people there! We took a leisurely 40 minutes to enjoy the view and take as many photos/videos as we wanted without being hurried. The guides are more than willing to help take pictures for you and point out the best spots/angles.

However, that being said, in my opinion, the best views on the entire hike were some of the smaller, semi-hidden spots that Silje pointed out to us along the way, as well as those at the campsite. Had I not booked this tour, I would have passed by them completely oblivious. The food and drinks she provided us with were great as well! Definitely surprised me with the quality to be honest.

TLDR: If you have the money,do yourself a favor and book this tour.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank ghashimoto91
trolltungaadventures, Owner at Trolltunga Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Thank you so much for your time to write a long and detailed review of our classic hike. All of guides need to have a true passion for the outdoor life and hiking — thanks for pointing that one out. Our goal for all our treks is to make the hike to Trolltunga just as much of an adventure as to the adventure Trolltunga really is. Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience. We really appreciate it Grant.

Reviewed July 3, 2019

As an advid hiker, I considered doing this trip on my own, but I'm honestly glad I went with Trolltunga Adventures. Is this hike do-able on your own? Yes; but it was definitely more enjoyable with this crew.

The forecast was a downpour of showers, but with incredible luck, a few hours before our 11AM meet time, the rain subsided. Our guides Kim and Thor took our awesome group on an amazing journey to Trolltunga. The views were breathtaking.

Kim and Thor were awesome to talk to; they were very engaging and really got to know every single person in the group. They helped take pictures, and make sure everyone in the group was doing okay on the hike. When we got to camp, they cooked for us!

In the 36 hours that we spent together, the whole group bonded like family. It was a truly unforgettable experience, all thanks to a cool group and awesome guides.

1  Thank kajeyomama

Thank you so much for such a nice review. We really appreciate it and are so glad you enjoyed our guides, camp and our hiking adventure.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

My husband and I went on the hike with Trolltunga Adventures the last week of May. WOW! Such an amazing experience. We were lucky enough to see Trolltunga through several elements - Sun, Fog and Snow! The Guides made the trip. A big thank you to Thomas, Silje and Thor. They pointed out all of the amazing views along the way, they made sure we kept warm, they fed us and ultimately ensured we were safe. This hike was the highlight of our vacation. We enjoyed every second and it's not to be missed!

Date of experience: May 2019
trolltungaadventures, Owner at Trolltunga Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Wow, in return. Thank you for a nice review. So nice to hear that this overnight hike was your highlight of your vacation. Makes us proud and humble. Really appreciate it.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

Well planned tour with secluded camp location. Friendly guides with snaps of interesting facts. Delicious food. Jaw breaking landscapes. All in all an amazing adventure.

For the ultimate experience, cross your fingers/pray to god(s) for beautiful weather.

Date of experience: June 2019

Thank you for a nice words Kevin. Glad to hear you enjoyed the adventure. All good.

Reviewed June 27, 2019

This was truly one of the top experiences of my life! My 31 year old daughter and I have been dreaming of a trip to Norway for several years. In celebration of my recent retirement we booked our overnight trip to Trolltunga in December. This early booking motivated me to join a gym and work on building up my stamina and strength for the hike. When the big day finally arrived, it was pouring rain all morning and we were questioning our commitment to this endeavor. Thankfully, we followed through. Norwegian weather is ever-changing and it turned out to be a glorious dry day. Our group, consisting of Germans, Australians and Americans, clicked immediately with each other our guides, Kim and Thor. Spirits were high and breaks were frequent. They were patient and intuitive to our groups’ range of pace and confidence on the trail. A special shout-out to Kim who generously offered to carry my backpack on his chest in addition to his own heavy pack with the camp’s provisions. As advertised, we had Trolltunga to ourselves when we arrived around 6pm. We were able to take as much time and as many photos as we wanted without waiting in a long line of other hikers. I highly recommend this overnight trip with Trolltunga Adventures. We will never forget the amazing hospitality, generosity and camaraderie we experienced.

Date of experience: June 2019
trolltungaadventures, Owner at Trolltunga Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Thank you for the many nice words! So glad to hear that your celebration of your retirement met your expectations and glad to hear it got you motivated to train for the hike. Kim really appreciate the shout-out and both him and Thor says hi. It was a nice group, they tell. All for one, one for all