“Exactly what it needs to be”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #18 of 62 Restaurants in Norridge
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Is it Le Bernardin? No. But it doesn't need to be. Let Le Bernardin (which I love) be Le Bernardin; let Red Lobster be Red Lobster. As a lifelong city dweller and seafood lover, I've always been curiously drawn to Red Lobster, not only for its reasonably priced, honest meals, but also because it has always represented an exotic suburban world of intrigue that I enjoy visiting now and then.

I was recently at the Norridge location during Lobsterfest. The service was delightful and warm, as were the cheese biscuits. The lobster entrees were both delicious and diverse (lots of choices, including grilled lobster tail, lobster tacos, etc.) and the portions were generous. The key lime pie was transportive, giving the eater the feeling of being on a beach in Key West rather than in the middle of a slightly bleak parking lot across from a supermarket.

This is a good place to stop for lunch or dinner after getting off a flight from ORD, as it's not far from the airport.

There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We ordered lobsters,crab legs,stuffed fish,shrimps.A lobster was liitle overdone,crab legs very,very salty.The rest was good.
Margeritas were extremely sweet,mojitos too.
Service was very good.We did not wait long ,about 30 min on Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our family dined here Sunday - it was early evening (around 4:30) and VERY crowded. The wait wasn't too bad (about 25 minutes). Ours server (Patrick) was kind, efficient, and attentive - I've always thought it takes a special person to wait on others. The food was delicious and I can't complain about the prices ...after all, it's seafood...and since we aren't on the east or west coast where it's plentiful, one can expect the extra cost. We skipped the specialty drinks so that helped cut costs too. Overall, we enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

We frequent Red Lobster restaurants. This one is always crowded, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. On the menu, there are several drinks and you don't know how much they cost. And they contain little alcohol. Their drinks are on the stingy side... we like to buy one drink before dinner... they are very small with minimum alcohol. More fancy juices, etc. We can't understand how a family of 5 can afford to buy lobster dinners at Red Lobster. Biscuits are the best but I think much on the menu is over priced and typical. If you want to be hounded by kids and lots of people lurking around, then this is the place. I don't see the value of Red Lobster menu choices. Too expensive for what you get.

Reviewed January 17, 2010

I had a dinner in there, the waitress was pretty friendly, gave me the best recommendation for both food and drinks, not even a decent wine list, but regular drinks are cool, food was delicious (the previous day I ate at a snooby restaurant @ Chicago Millenium area and they were not so good).
So is a nice try if you are in O`Hare area, good with friend, family also

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!