“Bed bugs”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Norridge
Los Angeles, California
“Bed bugs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

Read some reviews that didn't sound to good so wasn't expecting much. Staff was very nice and lobby and room weren't AWFUL. Not great but would have been fine for a night...if there weren't bed bugs.

Woke up at 11 with bites but figured maybe it was a mosquito bite. Woke up at 1 with more, then woke up at 3 and actually saw the bugs. Finally left then and stayed at another hotel. Went back the next morning to talk to the manager and they refunded our money.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank zervo024

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hurley, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I arrived on September 19, 2011 and we had read the reviews and were a bit horrified... My assistant booked the room for us because we had a conference that we needed to attend and we also needed to save money. To make a long story short, you get what you pay for...

The motel is ok but it does need some housekeeping. The hallways are very dirty. The rooms are what you may expect but my wife was not happy to find out that the TV remote did not work and after three trips to the front desk, it still did not work. I was assured by the front desk staff that housekeeping could fix this in the morning; they did not have any batteries. You make the call on that one...

We wanted to watch movies but this was not possible because the tv remote did not work. My wife asked me to purchase some batteries in the morning... There is just a small management problem here. The rugs are terrible, the rooms are ok. My wife and I have traveled around the world and this is not the worse place but it is inexpensive. The old proverb, you get what you pay for, is in effect...

Try it if you are on a budget. The staff does try but their hands are tied. The management is poor and the entire property needs a facelift but it is not terrible. We are looking forward to the next few days with little or no expectations...

If you are attending a conference and want to try to save money and have some patience, try this. We had fun and laughed at the bad things. It is ok but just be patient............

Room Tip: The internet is only in the lobby and very, very slow....
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Norridge hotels

minneapolis mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I am truly astonished by all those who had a negative experience. In fact, I almost didn't stay here because of the reviews. However, I'm very glad I did! It is true that the "continental breakfast" was Ho ho's and coffee. But what is important to me is a clean room in a safe location. That's exactly what you get here. The room and bath were clean and updated and the bed was comfortable. The location can't be beat--the hotel is within walking distance of the blue line. This hotel is an excellent value and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank singleguyinminn
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was a bit apprehensive about this hotel after reading reviews online but it was so convenient for the airport and SO cheap we decided to risk it. I didn't expect the swimming pool or bistro from reading other reviews so wasn't disappointed on this front.

My big complaint was the smell. As we left the lobby and went deeper into the hotel we were overwhelmed with the smell of air freshener - I dread to think what it was there to cover up. It was really horrible and on getting home the majority of the contents of my suitcase also reeked of it.

The shower and bathroom were just fine as was the air conditioning but I don't believe they had a refurb in 2007 - carpets and decor were stained and worn.

The people were very nice but as others have mentioned WiFi only in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stay here every time I am in Chicago on business and I've always been very satisfied with the room I get, considering the price that I pay of course. The rooms have always been clean and satisfactory, but there is always something a little wrong eg) hairdryer broken, no remote control, one time the curtains wouldn't close and I had to secure them with a hair tie. Perfectly nice for a one night stay, very afforable and close to the metro. I will keep coming back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

The hotel was terrible. There were holes in the wall. The only internet available was in the lobby, and breakfast was coffee, honey buns,and swiss rolls. The room was dirty and the room key wouldn't work. There was mold growing in the shower, and the shower head gave almost NO water, and it would randomly turn hot and SCALD you. the sheets were dirty as well. The only thing good about it was how close it was to O'hare and the blue line station.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cole c
Amherst, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I had read the reviews online before going to this hotel. All of them were horrible, but I wanted to give them a chance. I most definitely should not have. First off, it took them two hours to pick us up from the air port which left us just a bit disgruntled. Secondly when we got there were informed that just about everything that was advertised on the site was false. There is no business area, only internet in the lobby, no gym access, and pool? No way, when we asked the clerk actually laughed. There is no fridge, no microwave, no iron, however there IS an ironing board. The beds are sinky and the hotel it's self is stuffy and kinda gross. No bed bugs, thank god, but everything else is very 'meh'. The only good thing is the amazing pizza across the street, Spuntino. It's a bit hard to get over there, you have to run cross a busy stretch of road, but the pizza is pretty damn decent!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norridge
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#133 of 187 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#106 of 187 in Chicago

Been to Chicago O'Hare Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!