“Mixed bag”

Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Normal
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I arrived early but was able to check in. The attendant was not very accommodating about a change in reservations. The breakfast was ample and tasty but there weren't enough tables and chairs for everyone staying at the hotel. The room was a nice size (two queen-sized beds) and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 27, 2011

My only complaint is with the king bed room configuration. If one person stayed it would be great. The bed is set where one side is mere inches from the wall and the second person (as in myself) would have to exit the bed sideways, and in the dark too because there is no light on that side. I read in bed and needed that light. Mattress was super comfy and I slept great. Room was clean and in working condition, a little monotone/drab for overall decoration but I really don't care on that. Clean and comfortable at a reasonable price and this pretty much satisfied me. Check-in lady was friendly and efficient. Breakfast room was spread out nicely and offered the usual hot waffle, hot entree, fruit and cereal. Parking lot had sufficient space. Oh, and seemed like a secure location with nearby opportunities for shopping, dining.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I arrived late and I informed the front desk. Mike in the front desk helped me and reserved a nice and quite room. he is very helpful.

breakfast was good. Room is clean. I like it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We booked this as a last minute decision during our child's ISU move-in weekend. The room was neat and clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I even forgot to provide my AAA card during check-in, and they took care of it the next day without any hassle. :-)

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Front desk staff is very responsive. Great pillows and plenty of them in the bed. Good variety from day to day in the free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We found this hotel and booked on-line through the hotel website. It was a very very clean hotel, breakfast was great, pool was the warmest hotel pool we've ever been in. The beds were extremely comfortable, like home, not like most hotels. Lots of shopping and eating establishments in the area as well. If we are ever needing to stay in the Bloomington/Normal area again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed October 9, 2010, at this hotel. It was perfectly adequate, and it was clean. We did not use the pool or whirlpool but they looked well-kept. The bed was comfortable. I liked the area in the room with a table, sofa, and chair. We also had a micro and fridge which could be handy. When I stopped early the morning of Oct. 9 to reconfirm and check in for later in the day, I was told that the hotel did NOT have a reservation for us. I gave them my confirmation number and was told that the date for our reservation was October 3. This was, however, the day that I called to make the reservation. The desk said that they could not do anything to make sure that I wasn't charged for not showing up on that day, although the receptionist said that they probably had the date wrong. Luckily, we stopped early in the day. Otherwise, it could have been a nightmare. I'm thinking that we still might be billed for a night that we were not even traveling and this will need to be straightened out. Also, a pet peeve of mine---an additional charge for room safes is added to every bill unless you tell them you do not wish to pay! Breakfast was a pretty standard one. They had substandard biscuits and gravy, but did have a waffle maker, bagels, cereal, yogurt, juice, hard-boiled eggs and fresh fruit. This was a perfectly average hotel--nothing would definitely make me want to stay here again, but it was an adequate night's stop.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
0 mi away
Courtyard Bloomington Normal
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West
Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
2 mi away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Bloomington - Normal

Been to Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal? Share your experiences!