Courtyard Bloomington Normal
HIExpress.com
$119
$104
Radisson
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast and dinnerfree weightsbottled waternight's sleepstaff was very friendlyin townan overnight stayspecial olympicseasy accessnice hotelroad tripnice roomparking lotconvenient locationclean roomswithin walking distance
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was my first experience staying at a Courtyard and I will definitely look to stay at one again.

When you enter the lobby, you notice how sparkling clean everything is. I did not notice any debris or garbage anywhere. It felt like I was part of a magazine shoot.

Check-in was quick and smooth. We were traveling and had not made a reservation, but it was no problem. The desk agent was very nice. During check-in I noticed their bistro in the lobby, what a nice touch. After checking-in my husband and I did go and have a few "adult" beverages at the bistro. Keep in mind you are paying for the convenience of this service. They served drinks of all kinds and simple food.

Our room was spacious and clean. I loved the sink being outside the shower/toilet room. When there are 3 of you traveling, this makes getting ready in the morning much easier. The bathroom was spotless.

The beds were comfortable and clean. The only suggestion I would add is a second nightstand would be nice. As someone who wears a CPAP the single nightstand is usually cluttered and I have to unplug the lamp or the clock to plug this in.

Also, I would check you phone works. We had asked for a 5 a.m. wake-up call and it didn't come. We thought this was strange until we realized that morning the phone had no dial tone.

We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've had great luck with Courtyard's in the past but this is one of the nicer properties. The lobby is beautiful, very modern decor. The staff was very friendly, very helpful. My room was a bit small but had a large desk area, bed was comfortable. The bathroom area is small but it was fine for one or two people. The Bistro in the lobby was a nice option for dinner on a cold evening. I would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Here's the thing about Courtyard's - they are simply consistent. I know exactly what I'm going to get when I walk in, regardless if I'm in San Jose, Seattle, New York, or even Bloomington, Illinois.

SERVICE: I stay at this property about once a month or a little less. Consistently, service is A+. Most of the time the staff are young and college-age, likely students at nearby ISU. That said, they've never disappointed me. They've forgotten my Plat welcome gift a couple of times, but it's always been easily remedied.

INTERNET: Fast and consistent.

ROOMS: Clean and similar to any other Courtyard in terms of size.

PARKING: Free.

Room Tip: Rooms at Courtyard's are all fairly similar. Some do have larger rooms, so simply ask for a larger room on check-in.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a nice Courtyard property in a great location in Normal. It is within walking distance of CVS and Walmart. There are not any restaurants that I could find within walking distance but several close by. It is one of the newer Courtyards with the Bistro which is what I had for dinner and breakfast. The staff is very attentive to your needs and helpful with directions. It is in a very quiet section of town so I had no problem getting and staying asleep. I will definitely stay here again when in Normal

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recommended, my wife and I stayed one night while visiting our daughter, friendly staff and nice location. Pros: large selection of restaurants nearby, professional and friendly staff, clean lobby and rooms. Our room had our room had a large balcony. Cons: really didn’t see any. Have stayed at the Marriott in Normal also but if we visit Normal again we’d select the Courtyard due to its location.