“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Normal
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is ideally located, but somewhat hidden from the main road. The front desk was very accommodating and very welcoming. My room was very clean, comfortable and well appointed. This hotel is right off the main street, in close proximity to shops and restaurants. I highly recommend this hidden gem!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Donnell H, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and that you found our location so convenient for your needs. We hope to see you back soon at the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard by Marriott the next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oswego, IL
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Recently spent two nights at the Courtyard in Normal. This is a very typical updated Courtyard hotel. The lobby is large and inviting and includes a cafe that serves breakfast and some lighter lunch/dinner items. Our room, a King on the first floor, was clean, updated and comfortable. The staff was great! I found them to be friendly and anxious to help. I stay at a lot of Courtyards. I would say that this is one of my favorites. Great value, too. I don't think that you can go wrong staying here. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and your stay! Guest satisfaction is our main priority and when a guest says our staff was great and that we are one of their favorite Courtyards, it really helps us to know that we are on the right track! We hope to see you back soon and thank you again for taking time to write such a thoughtful review!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am from Fort Collins Colorado and recently moved to Chicago for art school. I bought a ticket to a concert at the US Cellular Coliseum not knowing exactly how far it was from the city! Panicked when I finally got there, my friend and I were in need of a place to stay for the night. A man named Sebastian happened to be working the front desk and was exactly the person that we needed. He had information on all kinds of public transportation, including AMTRAK advice, as well as directions to the US Cellular and so much more. He was so pleasant and kind, had great eye contact and voice volume, and made our experience at your hotel so pleasant. We are very thankful for employees like Sebastian anywhere, but they are not easy to come across. You have a very special person on your team and we'd like to make sure he's recognized.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful compliment on our employee! Here at the Bloomington Normal Courtyard we strive to make sure our guests have top-notch service and it is always a pleasure to hear that our staff made that happen! I sincerely hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area!
Chicago, Il
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a clean basic hotel with updated lobby and very friendly staff. Although breakfast isn't included, there is free Wi-Fi throughout property. I preferred the free Wi-Fi over breakfast anyway. Since this was a last minute business trip, I think I was given an accessible room based on availability. The room is fine, but it's awfully dark. And the hot water in the shower is not very hot. This may also be due to the fact that it's an accessible room.

Staff is very friendly and the property is clean. I have no complaints and would recommend this for anyone looking for a simple, affordable, basic room with easy access to local Bloomington attractions.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Donnell H, Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the lighting and hot water; I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard in mind next time you stay in the area.
Sincerely
Donnell Hoeniges
Strongsville
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Very nice people and service staff. Had a slight issue, but the Manager, Donnell took care of it. Will be back next year.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Why is it that as hotels move up in quality and price, they offer fewer amenities? Courtyard is a prime example. A stay at Marriott's lower quality chain, Fairfield Inn, includes free breakfast. Spend more to stay at a Courtyard and you have to pay for breakfast.

My recent stay at Courtyard in Normal, IL was very nice. Friendly staff and a quiet, clean room. The pool was nice too. But I forgot when I booked that Courtyard doesn't provide breakfast. There is a restaurant on-site, but it's not cheap.

If you are budget minded, it would pay to stay at a slightly cheaper hotel.

One small gripe...there were four of us, but our room only had three sets of towels. We stopped by the front desk to get another set, but nobody was there. Finally ended up grabbing a couple towels from the pool area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PilotOne6
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night from Friday to Saturday. Other than the check in process being a little slow do to several people in line in front of me, everything was great. I couldn't hear the people in the room next to me which was good. I'll stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room with a balcony. It wasn't much of a view, but is nice.