“GREAT FOOD”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Von Maur Drive
Description: DESTIHL(R) Restaurant & Brew Works is two amazing worlds merged into one: the fusion of craft beer and artisan foods. We are a growing gastrobrewpubTM concept which creatively combines and reinvents craft beer and full-flavored dishes from America's melting pot using many local ingredients and both modern and traditional techniques. Our mission is to fill our gastrobrewpubs with fun, energy and passion for great artisan food and beers while providing a 'down to earth', high level of service.
Chicago, Illinois
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I was shocked that there was food this good in normal IL. I went there 4 times in 3 days while there for work. Stuffed poblano, lamb meatballs and the dates are so damn good. The grilled cheese was a little too greasy for my taste but everything else was amazing!!

Normal, Illinois
“Consistently inconsistent.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have been to Destihl several times and it is consistently inconsistent. One time it will be amazing and we hurry back only to have a mediocre dinner. They do have good cheese curds. Don't care for the iced tea. The stuffed poblano is generally good. The flat iron steak is delicious if you are there on the right night but never sure when that is! It is a little too much money to not know what kind of meal we will get.
The atmosphere is nice in the front area and they have a nice outside patio. On our last visit we were celebrating a birthday and called in advance for a reservation. Unfortunately they sat us in a loud banquet type room in the back while there appeared to be plenty of seating in the much nicer front section. Not in a hurry to get back there any time soon.

• Visited June 2014
“Amazing! ”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

First they have a gluten free menu. Perfect for my wife.

Service was fun and charming. Thanks Ryan, you did a great job with your recommendations and service, all with a smile and a sense of humour.

Appetisers: Beer battered jalepeno bacon with maple syrup was fantastic. Wife had Pork Rillettes which were gluten free and delicious.

Entrées: Gaucho Skirt Steak for my wife. I had Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Blackened Beef both at the behest of our server. Both were amazing.

Dessert : They made my wife a lemon raspberry sorbet with mixed berries. I couldn't resist the Pecan Pie and Butter-Pecan ice cream.

Relatively inexpensive. Great value, even better dining experience.

Be nice to have this place in our home town. Easily would become a favourite.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great restaurant -- don't miss it but make reservations”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Could not eat dinner here -- no reservations available so I went for lunch and sat on the patio. The service is probably the best I've had. The waiter brought me more iced tea before I had finished the one I was drinking. Great menu, delicious food. Next time I'm definitely having dinner here!

• Visited July 2014
Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We ate dinner here on our way to Chicago on a recommendation from my brother. It was definitely worth the stop!! We both started with an appetizer, I got the chorizo stuffed dates (sweet, savory and wrapped in bacon) and my husband got the bacon and three cheese Mac n cheese. Then I got the Wagyu burger and he got the beer battered bacon and egg burger! Both were amazing and needless to say were very filling. The fries were good but potato wedges only ok (but that might be personal preference). We enjoyed the heffewiezen, was a great combo with the burgers. We then came there for only appetizers, beer and dessert, once again leaving stuffed! The beer battered asparagus is a fun and delicious new way to prepare them. We both agreed the pretzels were melt in your mouth too. I had the chocolate mousse and my husband had the caramel Sunday. Both left us very full and happy! Definitely recommending this place!!!