“Best place to stay in Normal”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Each time I visit the B/N area this is where I stay. Great hotel. Great location. Close to ISU. Breakfast is yummy. Staff is great. Every time I stay here, Jen at the front desk checks me in and she's great. Says a lot about the place if the same people are still working there year after year. They know quality and treat their staff good. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area. Also, love the lobby remodel. So fresh and modern. Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hello and thank you 'dlunz' for taking the time to share with the world your experience with us. The team strives to be the best and it seems we lived up to this billing recently. You hit the nail on the head in describing Jenn, she's great and we are fortunate to have her expertise. In terms of staff turnover, we pride ourselves in consistently having virtually NONE - appreciate you recognizing and noting that. Thanks again and safe travels to you and yours.......
-richard

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great customer service and clean, updated rooms. The breakfast was good with lots of different options. The complimentary beverage bar was also greatly appreciated. The fitness room and pool area were both clean and well-maintained. The location is very convenient to local attractions, restaurants, and shopping. I had a nice, quiet 5-day stay here and would highly recommend it. No complaints whatsoever. However, it gets lots of business travelers thanks to State Farm, so book well in advance.

Room Tip: Book well in advance due to lots of business travelers
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hello and thank you 'feistygirl12' for taking the time to review your experience with us. It's our goal to make travel easy as possible for valued guests like you. The team especially appreciates the term 'oasis'. Nice touch. Thanks again and safe travels to you and yours.....

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My compliments. It was a very nice place to stay. Clean, quiet, helpful people, easy parking. The breakfast was fresh and tasted good. They had everything I needed in the business center, nothing second rate. This was my first stay at a Hamptons and I will be back

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you "KendallM" for taking the time and sharing with the world your experience with us. Good to hear you'll be back and should ANY Hampton ever fall short of your expectation, don't hesitate to let us know. Safe travels my friend.....

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great front desk staff, clean, big,updated rooms! Ran out of breakfast items and closed promptly (doors shut) at the time stated. Great location- near lots of great shopping! Nearby ISU and Ill Weslyan too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you much "KathyC" for your suggestion to 'stay here!'. I appreciate you taking the time to report on your experience with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boys and I had a very nice stay at this hotel. From the moment we checked in the staff was wonderful. Every time we passed the front desk they were checking on our comfort and trying to make sure every need was met. They had fresh baked cookies at the front desk which were a hit with my boys. The pool was the perfect temperature. The beverage bar was great for a cup of hot cocoa before bed with one of the previously mentioned cookies. :) Breakfast the next day was wonderful too. Very nice stay, indeed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi 'thiery688' and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. Glad you and the boys enjoyed yourselves and we hope to have you back again.....

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I rarely bother with rating hotels or any other service, but this hotel was excellent in every way. Would definitely recommend and will always stay there when in Bloomington. Plan to check out other Hampton Inns as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks "MichaelS" for taking the time out of your busy schedule for the 'Excellant' review. We appreciate it very much and hope to see you again soon.....

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I travel a good bit for business and am a Hilton person. There are a few places I stay in the Hampton Inn because it is what is available at the government rate and in smaller cities it may be the nicest Hilton property available. That said, this one stands out as better than some Hampton Inns. I have stayed in a few that have seen better days, but this one seems fairly new. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast wasn't up to snuff, but I am beginning to find that more the norm than the exception. You do have the option of making your own waffles, but the other hot food available is only okay.

My room was too small for me to do my dvd work out in so I tried the fitness room for its equipment. The fitness room was pretty small, but the equipment seemed in good shape and very clean. I go early, but it coudl easily be that at regular hours all the equipment would be in use. The hotel is small so the fitness room is small.

Even though my two queen bed room didn't leave room for my jumping around to a fitness video, it was a very nice room. It was some of the best sleep I have gotten in a hotel in a long time. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by there being a refrigerator and microwave in my room. The desk was big enough for me to spread my work out on. There were plenty of plugs in the room to charge or use my many devices.

It is located in a nice spot. I was working at the State Farm building in Bloomington that is only 2.5 miles away and easy to get to. It is in a shopping center so not easily visible from the main road, but easy to get to through the back way which is very convenient. There is a choice of restaurants in the shopping center it shares a parking lot with. The hotel is off in the back corner so the parking is fine and the traffic in and out of the hotel is easy, but with a Target, a Van Maur (nicer department store) and several boutique shops and chain stores, it is easy to find entertainment and things you may have forgotten.

If I go back to Bloomington I plan to stay here again... I will try to remember my bathing suit. I didn't get a good look at the indoor pool, but I wouldn't mind taking a dip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lavendertigerlily

Hi "Lavendertigerlily" and thank you very much for taking the time to share with the world details of your experience with us. The team grinned ear to ear after reading your review as we strive to be the best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal
Residence Inn Bloomington
Residence Inn Bloomington
#1 of 22 in Bloomington

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!