“Filet Mignon treatment to the "Sandwich Generation"”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Traveling 3 hours with my 94 year old, wheelchair riding mother and 4 year old granddaughter was a handful but when I arrived at the Hampton, everything was immediately easy. Friendly, helpful staff, very clean,handicapped accessible room (some places SAY they have that but this one really delivered) and a great breakfast even my fussy granddaughter enjoyed!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

That's a new one 'LisaF'. I love your example of 'filet mignon treatment to the sandwich generation'. The team prides itself on going above and beyond to ensure each guest experience is memorable. Thank you so much for this great review describing my team and what we deliver. As you mention we cater to any age range or generation from your granddaughter to mother and everything in between. Thanks again and safe travels to you and yours!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed a full week at this hotel participating in a national softball tournament. The staff delivered great service and was very cordial and accommodating. They truly went above and beyond. The hotel is in a great location close to many restaurants, shopping and Illinois State University. The hotel was clean, comfortable and as always, Hampton delivered the consistency it is known for.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'RobertC', thanks for taking the time to report on your experience. From my team to yours may you enjoy safe 2014 season full of victories. Safe travels and keep that winning spirit.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Called to book a room for a family funeral was told NO all booked, even asked if anything they could do as thier was other family there. Booked on line for two of the three nights.(why??) When I arrived I asked if any cancellations, to stay for third night, NO. In the mean time other family members had booked 4 rooms at your hotel via phone, when brought that up was told..not at this hotel then I showed the girl the confirmation # she said.. Oh yes, they booked King rooms you have a Queen room.The bed size never mattered to me or the others we had just lost our sister. I did not care about my bed size but you should have wanted to help the customer. I should have been offered whatever you had. Back to front desk customer service 101 is in order for your front desk staff. A little concern for somone that has had loss would be in order also, they never said sorry for your loss to anyone in our party. No one in my party will stay at this location again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sherbi40
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hi and thank you for the comments. From the entire team, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at the loss of your loved one. Times such as these can be trying and we DO extend heartfelt expressions of sympathy. We in the service industry appreciate the feedback and while many suggest feedback such as yours be limited to in-house conversations rather than a website of this manner, I don't mind as long as it's fair and all parties are heard. I apologize about the miscommunication regarding our not having rooms with two beds as you requested, we have a limited supply of such and on the date in question, there were only kings available. Thanks again and please feel free to contact me personally to discuss the matter further.
-richard

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was a great stay overall thanks to Jasmine and the excellent hotel staff taking care of the property. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful with many choices. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very spacious. We really had fun as a family. The only downside was a front desk person by the name of Morgan.We had requested a late checkout of 1pm from Jasmine. Morgan said no "you are wrong." She had checked us out of our rooms and argued with me. Finally she agreed to give us new keys to at least get our stuff out. She never bothered to ask us if I wanted copies of the bill. We think she either needs some serious customer service training or should try another profession. Jasmine was the ray of sunshine and will stay in our memory bank.

Room Tip: try to get one with a microwave and refrigerator. It kept our water bottles nice and cold. We also s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Clean, well- maintained property. Friendly, helpful staff. I was in town for the work week and was pleasantly surprised when your cleaning staff arranged my make up and sink area toiletries. Nice touch!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'MaryB' and thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to report on your experience. Our stayover cleaning program is just one of the many 'nice touches' my team strives for in ensuring yours is a stellar experience. Safe travels to you and yours and we'll see you again soon....

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I think this is one of the better Hamptons I have stayed in. I always try to stay here when I am in town for business. I especially enjoy the breakfast. The staff is always friendly and helpful. It is also a convenient location for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Many thanks "KathyF" for taking the time to share with the world your experience at our hotel. Safe travels to you and yours and we'll see you soon.....

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great! Great great great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi "Ed M" and thanks for taking the time to report on your experience with us. Sometimes the best reveiws are short and sweet and we appreciate you recognizing that we are "Awesome!" and "Great"......thanks and safe travels to you and yours...... :-)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Residence Inn Bloomington
#1 of 22 in Bloomington
Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!