“Not even close....”
Review of J. Gumbo's - CLOSED

J. Gumbo's
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was so excited when J. Gumbo's opened....Having lived in Louisiana I love both Cajun and Creole food. They will let you sample before you order...a plus. But the food is ranked by amount of heat and doesn't even come close to authentic flavors. It is really sad when a chicken chain in town is closer to the real thing.

1  Thank Connor11_7
There are newer reviews for J. Gumbo's

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Now, keep in mind, I'm a mid-west boy experimenting with new foods. A friend of mine took me here after raving about how good it was. Yes, this is a chain restaurant with "like fresh" food. But, to me, this is a fantastic lunch with great flavors and a reasonable price. This is now on my rotation of lunches while at work. My "go to" item has become the Drunken Chicken.