“Disappointed meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We ate here a few weeks before and the food and service were great but this trip on Mothers day the food was burnt and the server staff left us waiting to get the food fixed for way too long. Very heartbreaking experience this trip.

1  Thank Fredelcamino

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place is packed on Sunday morning! The restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel, but what they forgot to mention was that you can phone ahead to get your name on the waiting list instead of standing there forever. The waiting area is very small, and to make it worse it is also the cashier stand. The traffic flow was a little rough. The 15 minute wait when we signed in turned into more like 40 minutes with many others knowing that you can call ahead. After we got seated, the service was slow and I think our whole breakfast experience was right about 2 hours. The food was fine, portions are huge...4 egg omelettes and plate size pancakes. Many options to choose from and they were also serving lunch which looked just as good.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten here about 4 or 5 times in the past 6 months. We have always enjoyed our meals. We have only come for weekend Breakfast. While I wrote big prices and portions in central Illinois I would not typically order a $9.00 or $10.00 breakfast - in Chicago, yes. That being said, my husband and I plan on sharing a breakfast, as we don't eat a great big breakfast - sharing works for us. They have quite a bit of variety. They offer various types of toast (although we both love Rosen's Sourdough and they no longer offer it). I would definately recommend - just be prepared (can only speak of breakfast) - notice portion sizes of those meals being served to those around you!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I thought the menu had a large variety of breakfast items. Our server was friendly and competent, however I felt she wanted us to eat up and get out. She kept coming to the table which was getting annoying after awhile. Then she brought the bill and asked if we needed boxes before I was even finished eating. I'm not a slow eater either. Then the bus boy came and started taking things away. I was totally rushed. Would have liked to have more coffee, but I didn't dare. I know it was a Sunday, but we got there when the restaurant wasn't busy. We weren't dilly dallying. I just wanted to eat in peace. The food was OK, but Cracker Barrel is better. I probably won't go back.

1  Thank PJ1600
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Our group of 9 dined at Wild Berries on Saturday 2/15 for lunch before an IWU basketball game. We called a few days ahead and made a reservation and our table was waiting for us when we arrived. The menu was huge……so much to choose from. The two egg Skillets were amazing and came with two pancakes the size of dinner plates. The four egg Omelets were also great and also came with the same super sized pancakes. The Healthy Start Multigrain pancakes were a hit as well. The Wraps were large and came with choice of soup or salad and waffle fries. Of the 9 of us, 5 took home leftovers.
The service was good and we received refills on beverages in a timely manner.

Everyone loved the large menu as there is truly something for everyone. We will definitely be back.