“A Tasty Breakfast @ Lunch”
Review of Wild Berries - CLOSED

Wild Berries
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My co-workers and I went to Wild Berries for Lunch but all of us ended up ordering breakfast. Yours truly, however, couldn't resist ordering their soup of the day which was Cream of Reuben. The soup was different, OK, nothing to write home about BUT the breakfast was quite good. I ordered the Avocado & Bacon Omlette which came with hashbrowns & toast. The Omlette was delicious and the hashbrowns were crispy, just the way I like them. Our waitress was polite and efficient. Prices were reasonable. All in all it was an enjoyable breakfast @ lunch.

1  Thank CoLor349

Reviewed November 22, 2012

One of the few local restaurants open on Thanksgiving day. We went to Starbucks, then discovered them across the parking lot. I had a four-egg omelet, one of the most delicious I've ever eaten. Everything was very fresh, including the veggies, fruit, and avocado. The restaurant has an espresso bar, which I can't review since I brought in my Starbucks (the hostess was OK with this).

Our waitress, Sarah, was very good--very efficient and friendly, even when we changed our orders.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food is good, the service is excellent, the prices are very good.

The wait is a little long some times to get in but it is well worth it.

Enjoy

Reviewed September 17, 2012

ISU parent weekend happens once a year EVERY year, so no surprises then right? Well apparently this is news to Wild Berries. We waited 1 hour for our table, which we expected. It's parent weekend, we get that. But then we waited almost an hour for our food!! Seriously? Wild Berry acted like this has never happened before but it happens EVERY YEAR. When I walked by the kitchen I expected quiet pandemonium where everyone was humping, trying to get the food out. Like every other kitchen I've ever worked in, but the line was joking around, having a fine old time while their restaurant was filled with people holding their heads in their hands waiting and waiting for their food. This is a kitchen that quit. The cooks saw knew they were going to be slammed and they said "It's just another day to us" and management lets them get away with it! Atrocious behavior. Chicago diners rock every weekend and a wait like this would close restaurants. On top of it, I didn't even get what I ordered. In line language, it was a "Screw you" order. I'll take my business elsewhere next year.

1  Thank Brock M
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would like to be more positive about this restaurant. It sure could use a very good cleaning. It had a "musty feeling." There was a pesky fly. When I walked to the restroom and saw a peak into the kitchen I didn't want to look too close. At a glance it didn't look very neat and tidy. The menu has a huge variety. The food was good. The waiter was very nice and attentive. My husband said he didn't want to go back because of the cleanliness. That is SO important. I hope they clean it up because they have a good thing going with the nice menu.

1  Thank kidsarefun2