“The "McDonald's" of Chinese”
Review of Imperial Buffet

Imperial Buffet
Ranked #15 of 114 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food here is not bad and not wonderful. You will find a fantastic array of different foods on the buffet. American comfort food like Meatloaf and ham to crab legs to sushi to chicken nuggets. If you leave here hungry, it's your own fault.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great buffet, crab legs, sushi, american and asian food, as well as a mongolian grill to cook your favorite. We definately enjoyed it, and look forward to going back the next time we are in Bloomington. Very clean establishment and the service was excellant!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is the first time in over 100 reviews that I have rated a restaurant terrible. Yes they have lots of options and a great variety of fruit but we went for the crab legs and other seafood options. They all smelled and tasted of ammonia. We were so disappointed! We rarely take my 83 year old mother in law out because it is so difficult for her. We waited for two more batches of crab legs and shrimp to come up and it was the same. So it wasn't that they had been sitting to long, they were served spoiled. We hadn't been there in a long time...it was fine then...but we won't be back.

3  Thank Connor11_7
Reviewed March 11, 2014

After moving my son to a different apartment and telling him I was starving, he took me to the Imperial Buffet. I was hesitant going to a Chinese buffet as I've not been to one with much of a selection, BUT this one was different. Along with all the Chinese selections, there was sushi, sashimi, a Mongolian grill, hard packed ice cream as well as soft serve, and much more. Price was $9.99 for the weekend lunch ($7.99 weekdays), soft drinks included and was worth every cent.
Next time I'm visiting my son for the weekend in Bloomington, I will eat here...

1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sushi, mongolian bbq, seafood or American dishes...Chinese buffets have it all and this one isn't lacking on options! This was our first visit to Imperial Buffet and we were pleasantly surprised. Our family enjoys Asian buffets because everyone can find something they like. It is the easiest place to eat when you are hungry because you can have your food as soon as you are seated and that is an important thing when you have fussy, hungry kids!

The food, for the most part, was fresh and tasty. I was a little leery of the oysters that my older boy was going to eat. I had him pass on them. We would return when in town again.