“best buffet in normal”

Imperial Buffet
Ranked #16 of 114 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A wide variety and well stocked tables of food. Hot food is hot, cold food is cold. Sushi is fresh and tastes good. Even have roasted chicken feet if you dare! There is surely something for everyone here. They even have brekkie buffet. Lichi fruit on the fresh fruit table is a nice touch! Everything hand made on site.
I go here with gf's often for a fast lunch thats healthy.

There are newer reviews for Imperial Buffet

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This will sound like a backhanded compliment but whenever my extended family can't decide where to dine, I always suggest Imperial. This is for several reasons: 1, The food is good and abundant; 2, There is something for everyone from salad to stir fry, to crab legs (at dinner); 3, It's clean and you don't feel claustraphobic; 4, my daughter can be ansty (she's 2) and somewhat noisy and we don't get any stares (plus, the waitresses love her).

Imperial has mongolian bbq (where you mix the ingredients and they cook it on a flat grill), sushi (very good for a buffet), American dishes (brisket, ribs, walleye, etc.), frog legs (my favorite), and even traditional Chinese food (chicken feet, unique dumplings, and stuff you can't identify).

The decor is very nice and the place is spotless. While Imperial costs a little more than other Chinese buffets, I think it's warranted and worth it.

So, you'll be very pleased if you dine at Imperial and you'll soon return. And I think any restaurant would be proud to be a standby/given.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I liked going to Imperial Buffet until our last visit. We arrived around 3pm and were having lunch. The hostess asked us if we wanted lunch or dinner. We said lunch.

So around 4 pm they brought out the crab legs and dinner items. We were done eating and just sitting there finishing out drinks. A table off to our right had received their ticket, but were still eating. One of the customers at that table went up and got some crab legs.

The waitress flew over to her table after she returned with her plate and took her ticket and told her she would be charged for dinner. The customer was confused and did not want to pay the higher price. SO THEY TOOK HER PLATE!! Really?

Why not just let customers eat the food that is on the buffet, even if you are transitioning to dinner? The place was almost empty and a couple of bucks lost on a ticket is not going to break you. However, the fact that you treat your customers like this...will!

After seeing this, my husband and I will not return. You don't treat people like that.

1  Thank RoadTripper815
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Some of the food here is mediocre, while some is very good--it just depends on what you get. The spicy tuna roll is delicious, but the nigiri show up the less-than-ideal-quality of the fish. Our waitress's indifference bordered on rudeness--we had to ask for drink refills, and then she seemed put out.

1  Thank Carrie328
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Though there are nearly more eating choices per capita in Normal than in anywhere else, this place has an excellent cross section of choices (catfish, pork ribs, sushi, Korean/Chinese/Japanese/Creole/etc.), and with an all-you-can-eat price around $13.00, I always get my money's worth. The best deal is lunch: mostly same dishes as dinner but the price drops to under $8.00. The tea is good, the sushi is fresh, the service is very good. VERY family friendly, but not bad for couples.