“Great Service Good Food!!”
Review of Medici

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 120 W. North St
Transit: Medici is located just steps away from the New transportation center in Uptown Normal. A perfect place to meet when guest are arriving from out of town, or when waiting for the next departure.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A friend and I ate lunch at Medici and loved it. I had a personal size chicken ranch pizza artisanal stone style. The crust is housemate and it was delicious! My friend had Moroccan Ragout and a half sandwich (I don't remember the name of the sandwich) but she liked her selections. I also had strawberry Oreo cheesecake which was also delicious! Our server was very friendly and attentive. We would return to this restaurant and highly recommend it!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (390)

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

My son found this spot online, so we thought we would check it out. I ordered the Pork Belly tacos and to my surprise there was more pineapple than pork belly. I let the server know that the pineapple overpowered the two 1x1 square pieces of pork belly. I was highly disappointed considering that the restaurant is surrounded by college students who go to school in Normal Illinois. Maybe if I had a few beers I would have not noticed the pineapple tacos.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Great beer selection and good food. We each had something different and everything was very good. Salmon was awesome. Nice outside patio upstairs. Waitress was very friendly and on the ball with drink suggestions and keeping us supplied.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Being in Normal for a production of one of our plays, my wife and I were treated to a pre-performance dinner at Medici by the theatre’s artistic director. We encountered wonderful and efficient service and excellent food. I particularly enjoyed the shoestring fries and burger. And our waiter, without effort, made sure we had a leisurely meal and got to the theatre in plenty of time for the show, which means the kitchen operates very smoothly, too. We’d certainly visit Medici again.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

We heard about Medici from a long time family free. He undersold. We haven’t experience another restaurant like this and all 110%. The restaurant evolves around a historic tree. The decor sets the stage for great dinners. The dining room is clean and inviting. You are met with smile and welcoming attitude by the host. The server arrived with our drinks. She explained the specials and the menu. The meals were delicious.
I was disappointed with the bus boy cleaning. He cleaned the tables and chairs with the same cloth and pushed the scraps on the floor.

Date of visit: July 2019