“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Review of Medici

Medici
Reserve with OpenTable
Medici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 120 W. North St
Transit: Medici is located just steps away from the New transportation center in Uptown Normal. A perfect place to meet when guest are arriving from out of town, or when waiting for the next departure.
Illinois
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great food and atmosphere make this a go-to place in Bloomington. It is an easy walk from the Marriott Conference Center and the campus of Illinois State University.

Visited May 2014

“Wasn't impressed.”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came to Medici to celebrate him getting a job. Everyone I talked to about Medici said it was fantastic. Coming from the Chicago area and used to its food, we were very disappointed. We made a reservation for 8:00, we came in a little early and we were seated right away. The atmosphere was amazing! But the service was lacking. It took 15 minutes for a waiter to get our drink order. We each got a craft beer, which was delicious. I ordered the Salmon Brulee and he ordered the Mahi Mahi tacos. I wouldn't say it was the worst piece of fish I've had, it was pretty mediocre. For the $18 I spent on the fish, I was not impressed. It took us about an hour and a half to complete our meal...most of it was just waiting around. Spent close to $60 after the drinks, food and tip. Probably won't come back for the food, but they do have awesome drinks specials! $5 martinis on Mondays!

Chicago, Illinois
“Mulberry tree in center of restaurant”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Came here for lunch and enjoyed the centerpiece which is a petrified Mulberry tree. This place pays attention to trees and wood. Our waiter was very kind, pleasant and helpful. I had the key west chopped salad which was ok, nothing real special. I asked for an Italian dressing instead of the dressing that usually comes with the salad as it seemed really greasy to me. Other dishes that looked good included the tuna sandwich and pork stew. They have upstairs outdoor seating but I did not get to check it out as there was a private party happening on a Saturday afternoon.

Visited April 2014
Westmont, Illinois
“WAY too expensive”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I took out daughter and her husband there for Easter "brunch". Brunch to me means a buffet but no big deal that you could only order off the menu. $60 for 4 people without alcohol is really expensive for basically breakfast. $11 dollars for two eggs, sausage, toast and potatoes is pretty steep. Also it wasn't that busy but the meal took longer to arrive then it should have. The waitress was good. My wife had the eggs benedict and she said it was very good so the quality of the food is fine. Like I said, the prices are high.

• Visited April 2014
central Illinois
“Bar for grown ups”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Although located near a large college campus, Medici has established a civilized bar. Beer menu features real ales, menu changes regularly, wine list is decent. It serves good pub-style, bistro food.

• Visited April 2014