“Wonderful trip, great stay!”

Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I brought a group of students down to stay at the hotel while we attended the annual high school theatre festival at ISU. I could not speak more highly of the experience. We have stayed at this hotel before, and every time we go to the festival, we are astounded by the staff, the rooms, and the overall service.

The facility was beautiful, and the staff- especially Fily- were so warm and welcoming. We were forty people, but the countless high school students that were staying there during the weekend probably provided challenges for the staff. They were incredibly efficient, knowledgeable, and attentive. Service with a smile was the name of the game.

Of all the hotels that we have stayed at while attending the festival, this is the most respectful and accommodating. As a teacher, I am very aware of hotels that treat my students like they are potential problems just because they are teenagers. The first day we arrived, Stephanie put my worries at ease. I was never nervous about the staff or rooms being less than the best!

I highly recommend this hotel for groups!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thanks for the great review. I must say the theater group is one of our favorites every year. The kids are so well behaved and fun to have in the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I usually try to stay at Marriott hotels whenever I travel, however I am beginning to rethink my choice of hotels. This is my second visit at this hotel in the past 6 months and both times it was not worth the price of what I paid. The cleanliness is definitely not up to par and service is hit or miss at the restaurant. There is a male manager that is extremely rude that works evenings in the bar/restaurant.

Both of my visits the rooms were not clean. Back in October, I actually had to ask to switch rooms because the bathroom was gross. There was hair that resembled a pubic hair on the tub among other gross surprises. Management came to inspect room and moved us. My visit last night has probably sealed the deal that I will not stay at this hotel again. The room was not very clean yet again, this time the refrigerator had crumbs in it and it was apparent that it was not wiped out. My son used the restroom in the lobby and complained of cockroaches. I think my next visit to ISU, I will stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tracy S

I must admit I am surprised that you have had concerns with the cleanliness of the hotel. As downstate Illinois only four diamond rated hotel cleanliness is something that is verified through random audits. We have also placed in the top 15% of all Marriott's in guest surveys for cleanliness four years in a row. My apologies that your stay did not live up to our normal standards. Your concern with the supervisor at night will be addressed as well.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I just got married on New Year's Eve, 2013. We had both the ceremony and the reception here. It was just excellent. The staff were always friendly and helpful. I put them to the test, too, with my many questions. Mallori, the main person I worked with, was so very helpful and always concerned that I was happy. I've heard great things from nearly all my guests from the wedding, whether they stayed in the hotel or not. We had some guests with special dietary needs, which the staff at the hotel worked very hard to accommodate. There were a few last minute changes that they adapted to quite well. My experience with putting together a wedding here was very stress free. I chose this hotel because of its central location for much of my family & friends and because my brother was married there. I liked it well enough to research it further when looking for my own venue and it was easily my favorite with respect to quality and cost. I'm very happy I did.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Mallori does such a great job with our wedding guest. She truly loves taking the stress away from the bride so you may enjoy your special day. Thank you for sharing your experience and for trusting us to give you the great day you deserved.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed at the Normal Marriott for a week for a business conference. My spouse and daughter joined me for part of the trip. The rooms were typical Marriott. Clean but not spacious. The hotel restaurant was hit or miss as far as service. It really depended on the night you visit. One evening, attentive service and food came right away, the next night, slow service and the food took a long time to arrive at the table. The conference facilities were good and the food at the conference was consistent. The real plus at this hotel, as always, is the staff. Lashone made us feel like family. I really felt like I made a friend. She was caring and genuine. Matt, Joseph and Jordan also were terrific. They were always available to provide whatever we needed and really wanted to make our stay the best it could be.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you so much for the review. I will share your comments with the team and celebrate those that went out of the way to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

As a loyal Marriott customer, I was elated when I found out that Marriott would be building a full service location in my hometown. I stay here every time I travel through the area.

A business meeting in Normal took me and two co-workers to this property a few days ago and as always, it was a great experience.

Upon getting to my room (around 11 PM) I opened the door to see two queen beds; I'm 6'3" / 255# and a queen bed is like sleeping in a twin bed for most. I picked up the phone and asked for a king room. By the time I got to the lobby, Marissa was half way across the lobby to meet me with a new room key, a smile and an apology.

Just when I thought things couldn't get better, I met Tim the concierge lounge attendant. I'm fighting a cold (cough, running nose, etc.) and Tim went out of his way to help me get comfortable.

Traveling can by very trying at times. Hotels like this property make being away from home much more palatable.

Room Tip: No need to valet park - they have a skybridge that connects the hotel to the parking garage
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thanks for the great compliments on the staff. My team truly cares about making every stay a great one for our guest.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband was here on business, so I came along. Our daughter had some surgery & stayed with us during the last half of our stay. Lashon, Joseph, Jordan, Matt became our family that week. Not only were they bringing ice packs & letting us use their personal freezer for ice we needed to apply due to her surgery, but Lashon sat with her in the lobby when i had to take her back to the Doctor, because she was feeling faint. Lashon would make a point to call me to ask how she was over the next few days. One day, I called the front desk to inquire about soft foods for my daughter & they contacted the restaurant to send up soft scrambled eggs, since she couldnt eat much else! Everyone at this hotel has treated us special...yet I felt like I was Lashons sister! What a positive memory & good experience, especially during a time when we wonder if staying in a hotel was the right choice. Yes, staying here was. THANK YOU for being so attentive Lashon. You are MY SISTER! Joy

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to point out so many on the team that made your trying times here more comfortable. Lashone is without a doubt the best i have ever seen in truly caring about the people that stay here. She has an uncany ability to know when to go the extra mile. I sometimes think she would work here for free just so she could engage the guest.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Within the past few months, I took a job that takes me to Bloomington-Normal almost every week. In my time in the area, I have had the opportunity to sample a few of the other hotels and by far and away, the Marriott is the best. I have become a regular guest at the hotel and gotten to know the staff at the front desk who are always courteous, friendly, welcoming, and helpful. As soon as I enter the lobby, I can see Jordan or Chantel or Stephanie or Matt or Marissa or LaShone or Kelsey smiling and waiting to greet me and other guests. Their welcoming demeanor gives me a sense of returning somewhere warm and familiar. They will look to give you whatever extras they can whenever available.

Once I am checked in and get to my room, I will always find my bag which I leave at the hotel in my room with a note from either Kevin or Matt or Sean or Joe the bellmen welcoming me and wishing me a good week.

In the concierge lounge, the hotel offers breakfast, dinner and desert for their elite members. While the food can sometimes be hit or miss (lots of cream sauces with dinner which don't always agree with me) the attendants Tim and Brandy take the time to get to know the guests. Without fail, I am able to talk about the Jets on Monday morning with Tim even though he is a Bears fan. Brandy is always welcoming and friendly and asks how your day was before telling you what's for desert tonight.

A few weeks ago, a bad storm ripped through the area and knocked the hotels power out and they were unable to accommodate guests for a night. Instead of leaving those with reservations high and dry, they had recommended hotels which they knew had availability. While my accommodations were not the same staying elsewhere and I longed for the bed and pillows at the Marriott (which are very comfortable btw), it went a long way with me that they did not just leave us to find another hotel on our own but told us places that have availability.

Overall, the hotel is the cleanest and most modern you will find in the area with a well trained and highly professional staff who will look to make you feel welcomed. If you are in the area, book early and book often as they do sell out (I guess that's what happens when you're the best around ::cue music from the karate kid:: ). The end.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rangersguy94
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Its not often i get to have the music from the Karate Kid in my head after reading a review, so thank you for that! I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am very porud of our team here. We all know how hard it is to be on the road constantly and every team member strives to make this a home away from home for all of our guest.

Jeff P

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Residence Inn Bloomington
Residence Inn Bloomington
#1 of 22 in Bloomington
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Bloomington - Normal
Courtyard Bloomington Normal

Been to Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!