“Excellent Wedding Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Easton, Maryland
“Excellent Wedding Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I just got married on New Year's Eve, 2013. We had both the ceremony and the reception here. It was just excellent. The staff were always friendly and helpful. I put them to the test, too, with my many questions. Mallori, the main person I worked with, was so very helpful and always concerned that I was happy. I've heard great things from nearly all my guests from the wedding, whether they stayed in the hotel or not. We had some guests with special dietary needs, which the staff at the hotel worked very hard to accommodate. There were a few last minute changes that they adapted to quite well. My experience with putting together a wedding here was very stress free. I chose this hotel because of its central location for much of my family & friends and because my brother was married there. I liked it well enough to research it further when looking for my own venue and it was easily my favorite with respect to quality and cost. I'm very happy I did.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Mallori does such a great job with our wedding guest. She truly loves taking the stress away from the bride so you may enjoy your special day. Thank you for sharing your experience and for trusting us to give you the great day you deserved.

Jeff P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed at the Normal Marriott for a week for a business conference. My spouse and daughter joined me for part of the trip. The rooms were typical Marriott. Clean but not spacious. The hotel restaurant was hit or miss as far as service. It really depended on the night you visit. One evening, attentive service and food came right away, the next night, slow service and the food took a long time to arrive at the table. The conference facilities were good and the food at the conference was consistent. The real plus at this hotel, as always, is the staff. Lashone made us feel like family. I really felt like I made a friend. She was caring and genuine. Matt, Joseph and Jordan also were terrific. They were always available to provide whatever we needed and really wanted to make our stay the best it could be.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the review. I will share your comments with the team and celebrate those that went out of the way to make your stay enjoyable.

Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed December 15, 2013

As a loyal Marriott customer, I was elated when I found out that Marriott would be building a full service location in my hometown. I stay here every time I travel through the area.

A business meeting in Normal took me and two co-workers to this property a few days ago and as always, it was a great experience.

Upon getting to my room (around 11 PM) I opened the door to see two queen beds; I'm 6'3" / 255# and a queen bed is like sleeping in a twin bed for most. I picked up the phone and asked for a king room. By the time I got to the lobby, Marissa was half way across the lobby to meet me with a new room key, a smile and an apology.

Just when I thought things couldn't get better, I met Tim the concierge lounge attendant. I'm fighting a cold (cough, running nose, etc.) and Tim went out of his way to help me get comfortable.

Traveling can by very trying at times. Hotels like this property make being away from home much more palatable.

Room Tip: No need to valet park - they have a skybridge that connects the hotel to the parking garage
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thanks for the great compliments on the staff. My team truly cares about making every stay a great one for our guest.

Seattle
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband was here on business, so I came along. Our daughter had some surgery & stayed with us during the last half of our stay. Lashon, Joseph, Jordan, Matt became our family that week. Not only were they bringing ice packs & letting us use their personal freezer for ice we needed to apply due to her surgery, but Lashon sat with her in the lobby when i had to take her back to the Doctor, because she was feeling faint. Lashon would make a point to call me to ask how she was over the next few days. One day, I called the front desk to inquire about soft foods for my daughter & they contacted the restaurant to send up soft scrambled eggs, since she couldnt eat much else! Everyone at this hotel has treated us special...yet I felt like I was Lashons sister! What a positive memory & good experience, especially during a time when we wonder if staying in a hotel was the right choice. Yes, staying here was. THANK YOU for being so attentive Lashon. You are MY SISTER! Joy

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to point out so many on the team that made your trying times here more comfortable. Lashone is without a doubt the best i have ever seen in truly caring about the people that stay here. She has an uncany ability to know when to go the extra mile. I sometimes think she would work here for free just so she could engage the guest.

Morganville, New Jersey
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Within the past few months, I took a job that takes me to Bloomington-Normal almost every week. In my time in the area, I have had the opportunity to sample a few of the other hotels and by far and away, the Marriott is the best. I have become a regular guest at the hotel and gotten to know the staff at the front desk who are always courteous, friendly, welcoming, and helpful. As soon as I enter the lobby, I can see Jordan or Chantel or Stephanie or Matt or Marissa or LaShone or Kelsey smiling and waiting to greet me and other guests. Their welcoming demeanor gives me a sense of returning somewhere warm and familiar. They will look to give you whatever extras they can whenever available.

Once I am checked in and get to my room, I will always find my bag which I leave at the hotel in my room with a note from either Kevin or Matt or Sean or Joe the bellmen welcoming me and wishing me a good week.

In the concierge lounge, the hotel offers breakfast, dinner and desert for their elite members. While the food can sometimes be hit or miss (lots of cream sauces with dinner which don't always agree with me) the attendants Tim and Brandy take the time to get to know the guests. Without fail, I am able to talk about the Jets on Monday morning with Tim even though he is a Bears fan. Brandy is always welcoming and friendly and asks how your day was before telling you what's for desert tonight.

A few weeks ago, a bad storm ripped through the area and knocked the hotels power out and they were unable to accommodate guests for a night. Instead of leaving those with reservations high and dry, they had recommended hotels which they knew had availability. While my accommodations were not the same staying elsewhere and I longed for the bed and pillows at the Marriott (which are very comfortable btw), it went a long way with me that they did not just leave us to find another hotel on our own but told us places that have availability.

Overall, the hotel is the cleanest and most modern you will find in the area with a well trained and highly professional staff who will look to make you feel welcomed. If you are in the area, book early and book often as they do sell out (I guess that's what happens when you're the best around ::cue music from the karate kid:: ). The end.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rangersguy94
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Its not often i get to have the music from the Karate Kid in my head after reading a review, so thank you for that! I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am very porud of our team here. We all know how hard it is to be on the road constantly and every team member strives to make this a home away from home for all of our guest.

Oakland, CA
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is a very easy walk to interesting shops and restaurants.
The desk staff were remarkably engaging. I arrived and quickly began an interview in the lobby, they moved my luggage into storage pending check in and were very gracious.
They were able to provide very useful restaurant recommendations.
The gym is far better than average, making it easy to get a good workout.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
David, Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. The hotel prides itself on our ability to engage our guest and to anticipate their needs. I hope we get to see you again in the near future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very courteous. I was immediately greeted with a smile. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel also has a concierge level. This is a good location right next to ISU. If returning to the area I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank jetset2032
So glad you enjoyed our midwest hospitality and the concierge lounge. The Marriott is the only hotel in town to have two concierge levels and our own private lounge. If you ever stay on a Wednesday night be sure to hit the lounge in the evening to experience our chef's special. Last two weeks they have done fresh rolled sushi!

Jeff P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Courtyard Bloomington Normal
The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington

Been to Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!