Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Customer service and property appearance make this the only place to stay in central IL. Only complaint was food service during breakfast. This was probably caused by the large wedding party eating an early meal before their big day. Book early as this property fills quickly during special events at ISU and/or corporate events at State Farm HQ.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thanks so much for your patronage! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and my apologies for the busy breakfast - you are right we fill quick and this weekend was one of our busy wedding weekends.

Jeff P

There are newer reviews for Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed over Labor Day weekend, also a football weekend for ISU. The hotel is fairly new and nice inside. Free parking in the attached garage was a plus, especially in the rain. We attended a volleyball tournament at ISU, and the location was great What sets this Marriott apart is the staff. Some of the friendliest I've encountered and I travel for a living. If you're eligible for the concierge breakfast, beware they close at 9 am, earlier than most Marriotts that I have stayed in.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart B
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thanks for the great review. ISU has developed some great sports teams and have started to bring more and more fans and families to us here. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others - we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My daughter's wedding reception was at this hotel over the labor day weekend, The customer service and work ethic of the staff was outstanding. Our hotel wedding coordinator made us feel confident that we would be well taken care and indeed we were. All staff we encountered were happy and friendly. Little things like finding safety pins to help bustle the bride's gown, helping us set up our centerpieces, giving us "high fives" at the check in desk, offering to shuttle our bridal party when we encountered a flat tire, storing our centerpiece flowers in the cooler and telling us they would change things in the reception hall to meet our needs all made our experience fabulous! The hotel is relatively new so it is beautiful, clean and the beds are so comfy. The bridal suite is very large and could accomodate the bride and bridesmaids getting ready easily. The housekeeping staff were very prompt and accomodating, We heard many compliments from our guests about the chicken dinner that was served. The food was nicely presented, warm and delicious. The wait staff service during the reception was outstanding.The hotel staff gave the impression that they really cared and wanted to make our stay/wedding as pleasant as possible. Mission accomplished!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Terry B
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thanks for sharing your comments from the wedding. Weddings are such an important day that every one will remember forever. We take great pride in realizing the importance of this day and I am so glad your daughter had a great experience with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in mid August. Check in was smooth and my room was ready ahead of schedule (that was a nice plus). My room was very clean (no issues of any kind).
The bathroom was pretty big and I had plenty of space.
I did not have a car, so I cant comment on parking layout or any parking costs.
There is a nice concierge lounge that is pretty good size with a fair amount of food and drink options (pepsi products and waters available all the time). There are two computers and a printer in the lounge as well.
I had free wifi in my room with being gold, and the strengh of the signal was pretty good. There is free wifi in the lobby (and there are tons of places to sit in the lobby if you want to get some free internet).

There are several places to eat in the hotel (I did not have the time to eat in anyof them) and the lounge/bar area is pretty large and nice.

If you walk around in any direction for 5-15 minutes there are numerous places to eat at all types of price points and food options.

Stay here, you will be pleased.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LeezakFl

Thanks for the informative review. Hopefully next time you will have time to come down to the restaurant and try one of our delicious dinners off our new menu. Also glad you enjoyed the concierge lounge, we are the only hotel in town with a concierge lounge and the ladies that work up there take a lot of pride in their room. We realize how much our Gold and Platinum reward guest travel and the lounge is a great spot to sneak away from the world.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Yes, that's the way I want to call this place, everytime I stay here. It's not just the property, it's the people which makes me to feel that way. I am one of the road warriors like many other people who travels every week. This is one of the few hotels, where all the staff knows me by my name and I always get a warm welcome irrespective of the time I check-in.

It all starts with a warm welcome from Ms.Shannon (the night auditor) as I usually check-in late Sunday nights with all the bad flight delays and a long drive from Chicago or St.Louis. Irrespective of how late it is, she does everything to ensure I receive the best room for my stay here. She will be the person from whom I will get my 05:30 AM daily wake-up call without fail. Telling you human touch cannot be replaced by an Automatic Check-in Kiosk or by an Automated Wake-up call service.

Next 2 important girls at the Concierge Lounge Ms.Holly (in the morning) and Ms. Stephanie (in the evening) you will never miss either of them if you visit the Concierge for quick breakfast or for a quick snack in the evening. The true quality of Concierge service lounge has to be learned from these girls. I been on the road for more than 14 years and with many lounges they have big TVs running and the person incharge comes and fill the food/water and disappears. But these 2 girls with their exceptional services involve themselves with each and every guest who is coming to the lounge and address them by their names and serve them better. There are long evenings where I catch up on my work by sitting at the lounge, rather than sitting at my room. Nice atmosphere and an exceptional service, for which I give all my 5 stars for the concierge lounge.

I am going to complete by story (sorry the reviews :-) by telling about 3 other imporatant staff of the hotel; 1) Ms. Lashone 2) Mr. Sebastien (the funny guy in the gang) 3) the manager of all the staff (God mother :-) who is nothing other than 3) Ms. Fily. The true meaning of professionalism, kindness, understanding guest problems and the key word "listening to their problems" is something what I had observed with my interactions with them as well as with their interactions with other guests.

The hotel is neat, convenient and comfortable and certainly the credit goes to Housekeeping team too. I strongly belive you need a true leader to rally the team behind you and that's exactly what I believe Ms. Fily is doing so. Kudos to you and your team and keep up the good work.

Wishing you all the best..

Mr. V (Shortly, that's how I been known to the staff)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KrisVeera

Mr. V,

Thanks for making my day with this fantastic letter! I have shared it with our entire staff. I know you are on the road a lot and it means a lot to us that we can make your stay great each and every time you are in town.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott for a business meeting. Never been to Bloomington/Normal. IL. What a fantastic area. With Illinois State University nearby, and the ability to walk around the town and feel safe was awesome. The folks at Marriott, from the front desk with Katie (Front Desk Assoc.), Latasha (Front Desk Manager) and all the employees they cater to your needs, and NO request is too big for them to handle. If ever in Bloomington/Normal, it's a MUST to stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the town and the hotel. We are very proud of our staff here at the Marriott, I am glad they made you feel like you were at home while visiting.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I like this hotel and this was my second stay. Great staff, nice room and facility, ideal location, awesome gym and concierge level offers breakfast and evening snacks. And with all these positive trends, when it comes to the essential wireless connectivity, it's a fail. I was better off with 3G. Just unbelievable and unfortunate how this can be overlooked and neglected.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for all of the great comments and I am sorry that our internet was not able to keep up with your needs. We are currently in the process of switching providers and more than doubling our capabilities. The hotel will be able to handle the increasing demand for years to come with our new infrastructure upgrades.

Jeff P

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Courtyard Bloomington Normal
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington

Been to Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!