“"My other home and I am part of this hotel family"”

Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Yes, that's the way I want to call this place, everytime I stay here. It's not just the property, it's the people which makes me to feel that way. I am one of the road warriors like many other people who travels every week. This is one of the few hotels, where all the staff knows me by my name and I always get a warm welcome irrespective of the time I check-in.

It all starts with a warm welcome from Ms.Shannon (the night auditor) as I usually check-in late Sunday nights with all the bad flight delays and a long drive from Chicago or St.Louis. Irrespective of how late it is, she does everything to ensure I receive the best room for my stay here. She will be the person from whom I will get my 05:30 AM daily wake-up call without fail. Telling you human touch cannot be replaced by an Automatic Check-in Kiosk or by an Automated Wake-up call service.

Next 2 important girls at the Concierge Lounge Ms.Holly (in the morning) and Ms. Stephanie (in the evening) you will never miss either of them if you visit the Concierge for quick breakfast or for a quick snack in the evening. The true quality of Concierge service lounge has to be learned from these girls. I been on the road for more than 14 years and with many lounges they have big TVs running and the person incharge comes and fill the food/water and disappears. But these 2 girls with their exceptional services involve themselves with each and every guest who is coming to the lounge and address them by their names and serve them better. There are long evenings where I catch up on my work by sitting at the lounge, rather than sitting at my room. Nice atmosphere and an exceptional service, for which I give all my 5 stars for the concierge lounge.

I am going to complete by story (sorry the reviews :-) by telling about 3 other imporatant staff of the hotel; 1) Ms. Lashone 2) Mr. Sebastien (the funny guy in the gang) 3) the manager of all the staff (God mother :-) who is nothing other than 3) Ms. Fily. The true meaning of professionalism, kindness, understanding guest problems and the key word "listening to their problems" is something what I had observed with my interactions with them as well as with their interactions with other guests.

The hotel is neat, convenient and comfortable and certainly the credit goes to Housekeeping team too. I strongly belive you need a true leader to rally the team behind you and that's exactly what I believe Ms. Fily is doing so. Kudos to you and your team and keep up the good work.

Wishing you all the best..

Mr. V (Shortly, that's how I been known to the staff)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KrisVeera
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Mr. V,

Thanks for making my day with this fantastic letter! I have shared it with our entire staff. I know you are on the road a lot and it means a lot to us that we can make your stay great each and every time you are in town.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott for a business meeting. Never been to Bloomington/Normal. IL. What a fantastic area. With Illinois State University nearby, and the ability to walk around the town and feel safe was awesome. The folks at Marriott, from the front desk with Katie (Front Desk Assoc.), Latasha (Front Desk Manager) and all the employees they cater to your needs, and NO request is too big for them to handle. If ever in Bloomington/Normal, it's a MUST to stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the town and the hotel. We are very proud of our staff here at the Marriott, I am glad they made you feel like you were at home while visiting.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I like this hotel and this was my second stay. Great staff, nice room and facility, ideal location, awesome gym and concierge level offers breakfast and evening snacks. And with all these positive trends, when it comes to the essential wireless connectivity, it's a fail. I was better off with 3G. Just unbelievable and unfortunate how this can be overlooked and neglected.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for all of the great comments and I am sorry that our internet was not able to keep up with your needs. We are currently in the process of switching providers and more than doubling our capabilities. The hotel will be able to handle the increasing demand for years to come with our new infrastructure upgrades.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at the Bloomington-Normal Marriott in late July for a conferance.I Arrived a day early in the early afternoon and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to check in. The hotel was not busy at that time at all so I was displeased to be put in a room that overlooked air conditioning units. I know this was not the room which was assigned to me initially because there was a fold up bed standing in the corner. The room was not as clean as I expect from a Marriot but after call to the desk I was given another room one floor up. This room had the cleanliness and comfort that one can expect at a Marriot. The Hotel itself is conveniently located to downtown. The resturants food was not the best but there are alot of resturants located within walking distance.
Staff was very helpful and professional but I think that because it was over summer break perhaps they were short staffed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

I'm glad we were able to get you in early for your conference. Glad to also see that they were able to give you a room on a higher floor as well. The roll-away bed in the room was an oversight by our housekeeping department. My apologies for this mistake, we are actually staffed up the greatest during the summer months to deal with the occupancy so no excuses there on our part.

Hope you had a great conference,

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was what I would expect from a Marriott, nice comfortable beds, large lobby, restaurant on the expensive side. What really surprised me since the rooms were over $100 after discount, was that they still wanted to charge $13 a day for wifi!! For that price, free breakfast and wifi should be included! On a positive note, my cousin left her dresses behind by accident, and the Marriott staff is sending them to her at no cost.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Glad to hear we were able to get your cousins dress back to her after she left it. Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to right the review. The hotel does offer complimentary WIFI in the lobby as well as in our business center if you are looking for a quick way to jump on line.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this location while visiting our son during parents weekend last year.
Beds were fantastic!
Only area lacking was the breakfast set up. Took over an hour to be seated.
Location convenient with short walk to the university.
Would stay again if I can ever get another reservation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thanks for the great comments on the hotel. Yes Parents weekend is crazy busy for us - we have addressed the restaurant so this year will be much smoother. As for reservations, this weekend is booked nearly a year in advance. It is truly our busiest weekend of the year since we are so close to campus. If we don't see you on parents weekend we will hopefully we will see you on one of the other weekends this school year.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights for a convention and found this to be an excellant hotel. All departments are run very well. The staff is friendly and professional. The connected deck is makes parking easy and free. Definitely plan to stay here if you are in the area. There are resturants and shops within easy walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your convention here in Normal. Thanks for sharing the info on the town as well, Uptown Normal is continually adding brand new shops and eateries. I look forward to having you back with us again.

Jeff P

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Courtyard Bloomington Normal
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal

Been to Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!