Yes, that's the way I want to call this place, everytime I stay here. It's not just the property, it's the people which makes me to feel that way. I am one of the road warriors like many other people who travels every week. This is one of the few hotels, where all the staff knows me by my name and I always get a warm welcome irrespective of the time I check-in.
It all starts with a warm welcome from Ms.Shannon (the night auditor) as I usually check-in late Sunday nights with all the bad flight delays and a long drive from Chicago or St.Louis. Irrespective of how late it is, she does everything to ensure I receive the best room for my stay here. She will be the person from whom I will get my 05:30 AM daily wake-up call without fail. Telling you human touch cannot be replaced by an Automatic Check-in Kiosk or by an Automated Wake-up call service.
Next 2 important girls at the Concierge Lounge Ms.Holly (in the morning) and Ms. Stephanie (in the evening) you will never miss either of them if you visit the Concierge for quick breakfast or for a quick snack in the evening. The true quality of Concierge service lounge has to be learned from these girls. I been on the road for more than 14 years and with many lounges they have big TVs running and the person incharge comes and fill the food/water and disappears. But these 2 girls with their exceptional services involve themselves with each and every guest who is coming to the lounge and address them by their names and serve them better. There are long evenings where I catch up on my work by sitting at the lounge, rather than sitting at my room. Nice atmosphere and an exceptional service, for which I give all my 5 stars for the concierge lounge.
I am going to complete by story (sorry the reviews :-) by telling about 3 other imporatant staff of the hotel; 1) Ms. Lashone 2) Mr. Sebastien (the funny guy in the gang) 3) the manager of all the staff (God mother :-) who is nothing other than 3) Ms. Fily. The true meaning of professionalism, kindness, understanding guest problems and the key word "listening to their problems" is something what I had observed with my interactions with them as well as with their interactions with other guests.
The hotel is neat, convenient and comfortable and certainly the credit goes to Housekeeping team too. I strongly belive you need a true leader to rally the team behind you and that's exactly what I believe Ms. Fily is doing so. Kudos to you and your team and keep up the good work.
Wishing you all the best..
Mr. V (Shortly, that's how I been known to the staff)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center is the only AAA Four Diamond hotel between Chicago and St. Louis. We have two concierge floors with a private lounge for your most important clients. Four Diamond service as only Marriott and John Q. Hammons can provide awaits at our hotel in Normal, Illinois. Stay with us and enjoy a location directly between uptown Normal and Illinois State University. We are also within walking distance of the Amtrak station. We are the only hotel in town to provide covered parking and a skywalk from the town's adjoining garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel Normal
- Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel And Conference Center
- Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center IL