“I'll Be Writting Or Calling the Village of Niles Soon”
Review of New China Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New China Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Chicago
“I'll Be Writting Or Calling the Village of Niles Soon”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I agreed with all the points brought up by the last review titled, "Concerned about eating there." I was running late for dinner with a skipped lunch earlier, I decided to take a chance and pop in. I was shocked to see the condition of the food; in addition, the numerous kids running around the buffet area was shocking. There was even one Mexican toddler running around in nothing but a T-Shirt and diapers with his mother chasing after him yelling out in Spanish. All the soup bowls had grease residue left on them, the wontons were soaked through and dissolved into a pulp in the soup. I skipped the soup. The only way I was going to drink anything out of their plastic cups ... I had soaked and drenched hot tea all over it and wiped the edges off with napkins. The only thing I could manage to stomach was their Lo-Mein and a very overcooked and bad attempt at General Tso's chicken which had just came out from the kitchen when I was at the buffet line. As I was walking out, the soles of my shoes stuck to the tile at the door way, they haven't mopped for hours after some food spillage.

Chicago, IL
“Concerned about eating there”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I have been schooled in Chinese cooking and owned a restaurant. I have eaten in Asian "third world countries" including Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand, and I have never been so concerned about getting sick after having eaten at New China Buffet in Niles. This was absolutely the worst food I have ever eaten anywhere in the world. Please do not confuse this place, kitty corner from Golf Mill, with others of the same name. I tried almost everything, but the only thing that could even be rated average was the mushrooms. Fried Calamari was stone cold. The sweet and sour soup was like vinegar soup. Fish heads were way overcooked and hard. The egg rolls tasted like it had sauerkraut in it; the sweet and sour sauce was terrible. Main dishes were without taste and cold. The Wasabi was a bright green and of a strange consistency and I was afraid to even try it. The soft serve ice cream squirted liquid when it first came out. Very granular and not frozen enough. Even the plastic water glasses smelled funky. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Granted, the cost is only $10, but that doesn't mean they can't prepare what they have correctly. They need a new chef.

Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We love this place”
Reviewed February 27, 2009

We love this place. My hard to please children always enjoy eating here: Sushi, fruits, soft serve, fried chicken, and lots of other choices. We bring my elderly parents. My Dad says this is his favorite spot. The prices are good and the food is fresh. I find this to be a great place for a buffet...I do not know how anyone can criticize this spot. The one on Dempster/Waukegan closed and that was a sad day for all of us..

Des Plaines
“A not-so-good buffet”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

As Chinese Buffets go, this one is a little below average. One of the entres in the evening consists of fish heads! I am serious. They skimp on the crab legs and have no real ice cream for dessert, only soft serve. The buffet on Harlem is better, but a little far off.

Chicago, Illinois
“attention wal-mart shoppers!”
Reviewed April 3, 2008

It may be intimidating to navigate through the crazy wal-mart parking lot but this is a pretty good Chinese buffet. Positives: for dinner - the crab legs keep coming and the wonton soup is good too. not so positive: lots of kids running around, gets busy around mealtimes, crazy wal-mart shoppers who can't drive or park. still a pretty good value for decent Chinese buffet fare since there aren't any others close by.