“Nice, basic place to stay.”

Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nauvoo
Payson, Utah
“Nice, basic place to stay.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a good place to stay for our family trip to Nauvoo. We didn't spend a lot of time at the place, but when we were there, the pool was enjoyable for my wife and kids and we all slept comfortably. Not a lot of room in the bathroom to put things, but we were travelling and were used to living out of our luggage. Altogether nice place and service was alright. We were there in early June, 2013, which is apparently right before busy season. We didn't try it, but we heard from a number of people in town that their buffett was really good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric B
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you fro taking the time to post on trip advisor. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Herriman
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite the first week of June 2013. We didn't have the same experience as a previous reviewer who had horrible customer service. All of the workers we came in contact with were friendly and would ask if they could help us in anyway. We felt well taken care of. The word "suite" kind of brings to mind something large and nice. This "suite" was not very big, and was a little older with older appliances and furniture. They had 2 bathrooms which were clean, but my family prefers a bath, so the fact that they only had showers was a little disappointing. Everything is clean, however, and the appliances did all work. I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am happy that you had a nice time during your stay and that our staff took good care of you. I agree with you on the suites. They were built to sleep as many people as possible. Thanks for being part of our family!
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Where do I begin. Frankly, I don't understand how these people stay in business. They never smile, they don't seem to like people and they have no sense of urgency. I had to call and leave messages every day for a week before the manager called me back. I am still waiting for a receipt!! Apparently only a manager can issue a receipt which doesn't make sense to me.

Any problem I had was a huge ordeal and let me tell you there were many. I didn't have hot water the first 5 days. Then the power kept going out and they kept claiming it was because I was turning on everything at once which was the absolute furthest thing from what I was doing. I am very conscientious about saving electricity. Then they charged my credit card 3 times which they did apologize for but it was another ordeal I had to go through. Next, there was the problem of ants which kept getting worse. They finally did spray for it after I kept having to call about it for 4 or 5 days.

Never did they offer a discount or some kind of compensation for the multitude of problems I endured. They always seemed annoyed and often would turn the problem around on me and claim it was my doing! I don't think hot water, electricity or lack of ants is asking for anything extravagant. I don't usually write reviews but I had to inform people of the utter unprofessionalism of this place.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank 3550
You had an attitude before you even came to Nauvoo, via telephone conversations. When you first arrived you complained of no hot water. The maintenance manager made adjustments on the hot water heater the first day. The second day still no hot water. You were offered to switch rooms, which you refused. The second day a part was switched out from another heater, and a new part was ordered. Once that new part was received it was put in to the heater in your room. In the meantime, since you refused to move rooms we gave you a key to a room next door, so that you could have hot water. The breakers in your room started blowing out apparently for no reason, again you were offered to switch rooms, again you refused. An electrician was hired and even he could not find why you were blowing breakers, but after he was in your room, your problems stopped. The credit card issue was our fault of having newly hired staff which we corrected and apologized for. You did get a receipt, when you paid and I personally emailed you one for all 3 months after you left and requested it. I still have verification of you receiving this. You were rude and hateful to my staff while you were here and they tolerated you. As far as a discount, the room you were in on a nightly rental would've cost you 5 times more than what we charged you for a monthly rental, so to say that you did not receive a discount is an outrageous untruth.
Orem, Utah
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed in Nauvoo Family Inn the week following Memorial Day, and the grandkids loved the pool and hot tub when we took breaks from seeing the Nauvoo sites. It was fun being able to stay together in a 3 bedroom suite, although it was very small with not enough places for everyone to sit (4 bar stools and 1 couch). There was a nice Summer Kitchen Restaurant down the end of our hall, but we had planned to prepare our own meals (shopped in Keokuk, Iowa). Thanks for a great time, Nauvoo Family Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites! We love hearing from our guests! I'm so happy that you had a good time with your family! We hope to see you again in the future!
Cedar City, Utah, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We found this place ok. Not a nice place but average. Small old tv. The room is larger then most. I slept well. The beds are very low I am not sure why, just noticed. Clean rooms. Lots of Mormon items for sale in lobby.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Nauvoo. We appreciate your business.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed here twice with youth groups visiting Nauvoo. The pricing of the large rooms is great for our budget. We have stayed in the main hotel lodge, across the street at the Manor House and in the Executive Suites across the street. The 8 person room in the main lodge was well equipped with comfortable beds. The kitchen was clean and useful as we cooked a lot of meals for our groups. The Manor House is like a big dorm room set up with 2 double-bed kitchen suites flanked by 8 person bunk rooms. Price on the bunk rooms comes to about $10 per person a night which is pretty hard to beat. The rooms are modern, clean and the A/C works great. The Manor House is fairly new and looks like it was upgraded between 2008 and 2012. The executive suites were brand new with 2 separate bedrooms (1 king and 1 with 2 doubles). More expensive than the suite rooms but more privacy for the guests. The kitchens in the executive suites are bigger and make a great place from which to stage meal preparation for large groups. On both occasions in 2008 and 2012 we rented the Events center next to the Main lodge north of Mulholland to use for feeding the youth groups. That is the only way I could imagine you could handle feeding a large group unless you had them eat in the hall of the Manor House which would not be good. It would be great if the Events center could be modified to have a kitchen so that the cooked food would not have to be carried across the street from the Manor House suites or the executive suites. The kids enjoyed the pool on both occasions. In 2008 we purchased a meal for the group at the buffet at the restaurant. Overpriced for what we got. Food was not that great. Reminded me of a cheap knock off of Chuck-a-Rama from the 70's. It is much cheaper and better to prepare your own food and feed at the Event Center.

I will say that without this lodge, I do not know how large youth groups would be able to visit Nauvoo in the middle of summer in any kind of comfort. I appreciate this ability to house our youth in comfort and security at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BYUDad
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We love to be able to provide what youth groups need in housing, meals, etc. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Plain City
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were stuck in the annex section of their fine establishment. The carpet and bedding were filthy, and we didn't dare walk around without shoes on in the room. The bathroom looked like a demilitarized zone, with peeling linolium and dirt in the corners. The tub was totall yellow and gross. This place made the Super 8 in the ghettos of Chicago look like a 5 Star resort.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Julia S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nauvoo
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in Keokuk
Howard Johnson Burlington
Howard Johnson Burlington
#8 of 11 in Burlington

Been to Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!