“Checking out the winery”
Review of Baxter's Vineyards

Baxter's Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Nauvoo
Springfield, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Checking out the winery”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Not the best winery I've visited. Small but inviting building. Not much of a view or outdoor space to enjoy. Made no purchase here, I wasn't a fan of their wine from the samples I tasted. On the positive side lots of great looking homeade pies sold here.

Visited August 2014
Kim O, Owner at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our winery! We are glad you stopped - our wines change with each harvest - hopefully next time you visit we will have something more to your liking!

Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good wine”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice place to get a good bottle of wine, wine tasting available. Carol' s pies available for purchase.

Visited August 2013
Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our winery!
Indianapolis
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wine and Pie!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The wine is of course lovely but I have been a long time fan of Carol's Pie's and I highly recommend the rhubarb pie...it literally melts in your mouth. I order one about every time I go back to visit my family who lives there and we never make it home with any pie; we eat all of it every time! You can't beat personable people and you feel instantly at home here. So stop in and enjoy their wine and pie!!

Visited June 2014
Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and support! We truly appreciate them!
Olathe, Kansas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“I didn't have a great experience here...”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Baxter's had great reviews and has a long legacy, so we thought we would give it a try. We happened to be there on a Sunday afternoon and there were no tours that day. (I'm not sure why they were even open.) There was a motorcycle event going on at the bar next to the winery building. We ducked into the winery and found an employee who did NOT offer nor inquire about tasting any wine. I even chose a bottle of "Blush" that I was interested in on the tasting station, but she never made a move or even tried to assist with a tasting. She wasn't very personable, and did not make me feel the least bit welcome. The winery itself didn't seem very picturesque, as all we saw were dried vines on trellises across the street from the winery building and the building was just a metal structure. We didn't walk around the property after the experience in the shop, so there may have been beautiful views out back. I have visited and bought from every winery I've visited all over the country, and this was the worst experience I've had. It's the ONLY time I didn't leave a winery with a bottle of wine.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Amy W
Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review online; we are very disappointed and sorry to hear that you had a less than excellent experience at Baxter's! We take all of our reviews - good and bad seriously and will make a point to discuss this review with our staff. If you are in Nauvoo again, we would love to have you stop in again!
Hamilton, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“homemade wine tasting event”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The wine is furnished by a lot of local wine makers, and then you have lunch. It's just an awesome trip. The wine tasting is free. Everything from several grape varieties on 1 side, to all different fruits wines, etc on the other. 1 of my annual local events

Visited June 2013
Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our winery and our event! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Home Winemaker's Contest!