“Good, but pricey choice for Nauvoo eating.”

Hotel Nauvoo Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Nauvoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Hotel Nauvoo Historic Inn & Restaurant is Nauvoo's Genuine, Original Inn. Built in 1841, it is now fully restored, retaining Pioneer Mormon Architecture. The clean, comfortable and affordable overnight guest rooms are AAA-approved, with Free Wireless Internet and Cable TV. Located just 1 block from Temple Square, you can walk to the Nauvoo Pageant and many restored sites. THE HOTEL NAUVOO DINING ROOMS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2017 SEASON.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The food was not fabulous, but was good. We all had the buffet except for my youngest son who ordered the chicken strips and fries (which he liked). The beef was good, the muffins were wonderful, the cinnamon rolls just okay and the salad greens were more yellow than green, but were also crisp and fresh. I would say it was priced a little too high. We paid more than $70 for our family of five.

HotelNauvoo, Management Representative at Hotel Nauvoo Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. They are very important to us as we strive to maintain the highest quality food and service for valued guests such as you.

Please visit us again on your next trip to Nauvoo. You will find that our buffet pricing is very family-friendly. While the complete buffet for an adult is 15.95, it is only 7.95 for a child age 7 to 11, and only 3.99 for a child age 3 to 6. Children age 2 years and under eat FREE!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and I ate here while visiting historic Nauvoo. We walked in on Monday for the buffet, and to our disappointment they do not serve dinner on Monday's (except during pageant). We went back on Tuesday and enjoyed a very high quality buffet. It is a little pricey, but for the area and the quality of food we had eaten prior to this, it was well worth paying a little extra to get good food. Even our picky daughter enjoyed the food.

1  Thank jpf1976
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Hotel Nauvoo Restaurant is much larger than you can imagine from the outside. All of the individual rooms at the entry of the hotel have been taken up by the restaurant but then a very large room has been incorporated in the structure for even more seating. There is an ala carte menu but the restaurant stands on its very large buffet.

The buffet is in two parts. The main dinner portion of the buffet and the salad/dessert portion. Both sections are maintained fresh and fully stocked. The service was excellent. The food was well prepared and closer to home cooking than to buffet trough.

This was my second trip to Nauvoo and my second trip to the Hotel Nauvoo Restaurant. When I make my third trip, I will stop in again!

1  Thank William S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The restaurant is one of the few open on Sundays and so they get a good business. It was recommended to us by another traveling couple so we decided to give it a try. Both the salad bar and the hot items buffet were made up of a great variety and for buffet food, was pretty good. The fried chicken was nicely prepared as was the au gratin potatoes. Most items appeared to be prepared there. I would recommend the pickled beets (just like mom made)!

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Our family cannot eat gluten or dairy, so traveling can sometimes be a bit of a hassle.

We stayed at the Motel Nauvoo, and upon check in I was told about the dinner at the Hotel, and given a brief tour. The facility is beautiful, and I was impressed with the time that was taken to help explain the menu and many of the ingredients! Because they took so much time with us, we thought we would give it a try.

So glad we did!!!

The children got full plates at the salad bar!!! They later went back for more hot options, but I was thrilled at the spread of the salad bar. This was beautiful, had a large variety, and very delicious. (There is an option for salad bar only, and one could easily enjoy that!!).

The hot buffet was delicious and offered a good variety. There were many different side options, and at least 6 main dish options! What I loved most was that most of the food was uncomplicated- our gluten/dairy free family could eat most of the items!!! (Try the roast- it was tender and seasoned wonderfully!)

This was a great dining experience- from the frosted root beer mugs to the beautiful and unique atmosphere, this was uncomplicated and enjoyable dining! Hotel Nauvoo fed our family foods that were delicious and safe for gluten and dairy-free diets. Excellent, and definitely an experience I would do again and recommend!

1  Thank Mellissa S