“Great Experience”

Nauvoo Villas The Condos
Reviewed June 30, 2013

What a great place to stay. With so little fast food in Nauvoo, it was great to be able to feed my 6 grandchildren at the Villa. They loved the rooms, t.v.'s, space and we loved the washer and dryer. That saved us halfway thru the trip. The managers are great and really helped us, especially when one of the grandchildren left an expensive and coveted hat there. David sent it to us. What a deal!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
olivegarden, General Manager at Nauvoo Villas The Condos, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank You Doug, for your review. We are glad to know that families traveling together enjoy our units. I hope that you will be able to come and see us again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place was headed for a 5 rating until the last day when additional families arrived at the condos and families were put in the condo next to us and above us. The family next to us played games until 2 am and because there is a door that joins the two rooms (it was locked), it sounded like they were in our family room/kitchen area. We could hear everything they said and could even hear the cards shuffle if you stood by the door.

As for the people up stairs, they behaved themselves, but when they walked quietly across the floor, you could hear every footstep it seemed. Can't fault the place for the actions of others, but the walls and ceilings are way too thin to enjoy the room if other families are above or next to you.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing your review. We appreciate and need guest feedback to make this a better place.

I am sorry that your neighbors were less than quiet. Quiet time is from 10 pm to 7 am. The adjoining rooms are a problem sometimes if other people are not considerate. If you decide to give us another chance on a future stay I would ask you and everyone who stays with us to let us know when there is a problem and we will take care of it. I would much rather get a call late at night about the problem than find out about it later. I have been on the other end of the phone 24/7/365 for 9 years now. It may take me a minute to wake up if it is really late but I will be able to help with some things and this is something I would have definitely taken care of. : )

Reviewed June 24, 2013

All the positive reviews here are true.

Nauvoo is off-the-beaten-path and to be able to enjoy regular comforts there is amazing. Plenty of space, great TV service and since I was traveling with 7, it was great to get so much room for the price.

I appreciate that many places work hard to keep the charm of the 1840's...but having a room with your own kitchen and Sportscenter was perfect for me.

Small issue...loud teens in the room next to us the first night and we definitely heard them. However, that was more the kids fault than the room.

If we visit Nauvoo again, this is definitely our place to stay.

Room Tip: Parking is easier if you get an odd-numbered room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
olivegarden, General Manager at Nauvoo Villas The Condos, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for coming to Nauvoo and staying with us at Nauvoo Villas and Condos. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the noisy neighbors. We hope to see you again. Look for more changes coming soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

PRICED RIGHT--Nauvoo Villas was the perfect accommodations for our wedding party of 27. Very reasonably priced. We had several 2 bedroom 2 bath and an attached one bedroom. As mentioned in a previous review, meals in Nauvoo can be a problem, especially for a large group. It was great having the full kitchens and the ability to prepare our own food and eat together. The rooms are spacious, clean and well kept. Lots of amenities. We appreciated having an iron and ironing board and the complimentary use of a crib. So nice not to have to pack these things along. Nice quiet setting. I highly recommend Nauvoo Villas.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
olivegarden, General Manager at Nauvoo Villas The Condos, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are grateful for the feedback and the ability it gives us to know where we are doing well and what we need to improve on. We are continually working on ways to exceed expectations and will continue to do so. I am glad that you found the kitchen to be a big advantage for your group during your stay.

Thank you and please let us know if we can help you again.

Best Regards,
David Miller

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed four nights recently on our trip to visit Nauvoo. We arrived late and they had an easy, yet secure system to help us get into our room. I loved that we could back up our car right to the front door of our two bedroom, two bath condo (which was the perfect size for our family of five). We had plenty of space, ate better by eating in our own kitchen, and were even able to do several loads of laundry. (Don't forget to bring dishwasher soap and laundry soap with you.) I slept comfortably and the internet speeds were fine for our needs. We will definitely stay here again.

There were a few areas of possible improvement: The decor was a bit dated and the couches and carpets, though clean, were showing stains, age, and wear. I'm extremely picky when it comes to cleanliness. I'll give them a four out of five. The table was difficult to keep clean because the finish was wearing off and the fridge (interior and exterior) needed a wipe down when we arrived. We had a hard time regulating the temperature in our unit. Our thermostat was blocked at 72 degrees. The temperatures outside were in the 70s which kept the unit from cycling on very often, but with the humidity, we were often a little too warm inside and wished to turn the air conditioning a little lower.

Room Tip: You can back your car right up to the rooms on the front side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
olivegarden, General Manager at Nauvoo Villas The Condos, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Nauvoo Villas & Condos. We also very much appreciate your review.

Thank you for noting the carpets and furniture. We like to keep up on those things so that they do not get ground in. Sometimes we do not always get the word when people leave so we appreciate your letting us know. I will remind housekeeping also that they wipe everything down better.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We found there are no reasonable places to eat in Nauvoo. The Villas have a fully equipped kitchen that made feeding our family of 6 reasonable! The beds were comfy, the bathrooms clean. It was only 5 minutes drive from downtown Nauvoo. I will definitely stay there again and will share this with all my friends and family headed to IL in the future!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
olivegarden, General Manager at Nauvoo Villas The Condos, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your review and recent stay. Sorry that I missed meeting your family and hope that we can improve our service score on your next trip. We do try and be friendly but as noted may need to go the extra mile to offer the best service possible.

Safe travels.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at the Nauvoo Villas for five nights, and thoroughly enjoyed it! There was plenty of room for my family, and the kids especially loved that there is a TV in every room (two bedrooms are what we used). The kitchen has everything you'll need for cooking and cleaning (including a dishwasher). A washer and dryer are also in a closet in the kitchen should you need to do laundry while there. The staff is friendly and helpful to your needs. Will definitely use Nauvoo Villas again the next time we go to Nauvoo.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. I noted that the bed comfort did not receive a 5 and I am sorry about that. I know if you are used to a softer or pillow top bed you will find our beds somewhat firm. I am planning when the time comes to rotate them out to find some just a little softer.

Best wishes
David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nauvoo
Boulders Inn & Suites Fort Madison
The Nauvoo Grand Bed & Breakfast
Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites

Been to Nauvoo Villas The Condos? Share your experiences!