“JUST OK”
Review of Catch 35

Catch 35
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch 35 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 456 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Van Buren
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant routinely gets great reviews so we booked a reservation on a Sunday night since we were in the neighborhood. Our waitress was very attentive and the ambiance was nice but the food did not live up to expectations. One in our party had crab cakes and thought they were very good, I had the whitefish that was served over mashed potatoes, and the third had the mahi mahi. The whitefish presentation was probably described on the menu but I didn't catch it and didn't particularly enjoy it. There was nothing wrong with the whitefish but I prefer it broiled it didn't have much flavor. If I went back I would ask if another cooking method could be used and the potatoes served on the side, but that is me. Since other reviewers routinely give this establishment very good reviews I'd give it another try but order something else and read the menu carefully as to how the fish will be served.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A very nice restaurant - it's a toss up between here and Hugo's Frog Bar for me. I tend to like the ambiance at Catch more. They have a great bar menu with excellent specials which is what I tend to go for. To eat in the dining room is more of a special occasion meal, but all the fish is excellent. Have always had excellent wait staff. Half price oyster happy hour is good enough reason to come here regularly, but from the bar menu try the mini lobster rolls - they're great!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Food was OK, Service was OK, Ambiance was OK. But for a restaurant at this price point we expected something more. There was nothing wrong, but nothing that would make us want to return. Having eaten at the Chicago location, we were disappointed.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

on 3/12/13 server christina was the best that night had good time . the food was EXCELLENT . THANK YOU to all at catch 35 for good time tony m

Reviewed March 17, 2013

always a great selection of fish. always a daily special. kitchen and wait staff performance always very good, but need to take it up just a notch to match their price point with what they are charging.