“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went to Tango for sangria and found out that on weekdays they have unlimited tapas for $20 a person. We decided to try it. The menu was great. Items varried from italian pastas , empenadas, thai, salads, chicken skewers, beef, and seafood. Each item had a unique fresh flavor. Our waitress was great. The white sangria was prepared at the table. It was delicous with fresh fruits and a puree.

We enjoyed it so much we returned the following week. This time we ordered entrees. It was amazing again!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had not been to Tango in years but not because it was not good. Last night we decided spur of the moment to have dinner at Tango and that decision was a wonderful start to Fathers Day Weekend. When we arrived it was prime Friday dining out time and of course the resturant was packed. I went spoke with the hostess, told her it was a party of 4 adults 2 kids and 2 infants with the request to sit outside she smiled told us the truth of it not being room for strollers which was fine then lead us to our table on the rooftop. After being seated our server Wes came over to promptly greet us which I must say never waned at anytime during our visit with all we had going on and our frequent request bc as we all know getting out with kids is by no means easy :-) After bringing waters we received their French bread with a tasty oil spread, it was so so so good as I with a lot of other people are fans of good, soft bread. Needless to say we ate lots of that even the kids loved it I even feed some to my 7 month old and he was satisfied too!!!! Their menu had lots of dishes to choose from but we ordered straight from tapas menu first ordering the white wine sangria along with several tapas hot and cold. Let me tell you I have been lots of places and this was the best sangria ever, hands down!!! The food came out quickly, they were all very very tasty even my very picky husband loved all of the tapas he even tried them all which is rare. My favorites were the portobello mushrooms loved the mix of mushrooms, spinach and cream sauce all together. Next were the scallops which were cooked to perfection in white wine tomato sauce they were so good that I could have ordered another but didn't!!!!!!! Also loved the peppercorn skirt steak which was cooked perfect in texture it was so good we did end up ordering another!!!!!!! The potato salad tasted even better than my mother in law which is very delicious shhhhhhh please don't tell her! Buying and ordering potato salad out is something I hardly ever do as it just does not taste good to me but this time I am so glad I did! Lastly the half avacado filled with diced tomatoes, peppers, onions and nice size shrimp was pleasantly delightful. Dipping the fresh made tortilla chips into that concoction set the entire dinner off in a very good way. The one good thing I did not like and would not ordered again was the stuffed mushrooms. The mushrooms were very fresh but the topping of the pork and chorizo just didnt go together to me nor my taste buds but I am sure there are other that will love it! All the while eating all of the freshly made tapas, with pleasant, prompt service made for a great Friday night dinner as we don't get out often being that our son is so young. I will absolutely not stay away from Tango as long as I did before actually dreaming of returning right now, lol!!!! Good food, quality, nice portion size, decent prices, kid friendly, prompt and friendly service is very hard to come by in 2012 so we will for sure be returning to Tango!!

1  Thank jacque07
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Their food is excellent and the slightly larger portion sizes make them easier to share. But leave room for dessert - it's wonderful. We intend to go back as soon as possible.

2  Thank SpikeJD
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I went to Tango in Naperville this past weekend for a birthday brunch. It is a rather small, but nice restaurant that seems to be located in what used to be a factory-kind of building.

Anyways, the food was excellent, and the wait staff was very friendly. The brunch price was also very reasonable.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Note: I have eaten at several Spanish Tapas restaurants in Chicago and Naperville area...

Came here with my boyfriend and young daughter on a Saturday early dinner and were seated promptly. We were seated upstairs and the restaurant was almost full. Our male server came there and was not happy, did not smile, did not come and check on all our meals...referred to my daughter and I "guys" He didn't offer to bring my 4 year old a child's cup or bring us straws-which was needed. When we did get a glass of water, that 1 glass was all we got. My boyfriend and I both had empty glasses throughout most of our meal. When I kindly asked the server for another fork, it was as if I asked him to jog around the building to get it and huffed out loud at the thought.

We ordered hot tapas and 1 entree-which almost all were uneatable:

The crab cake tapas were probably the only thing we some what enjoyed.

The shrimp with tequila and orange tapas...shrimp were over cooked and the sliced bell peppers and onions that came with the over barring sauce were also mushy and over cooked.

The crab dip tapas...what crab? It was all flour and butter with maybe 3 slices of artichoke and loaded with salt.

The empanadas...had one bite of filling-all breading. The corn relish that came with it tasted like it came straight out of the can and they put some questionable bitter yogurt sauce on it.

Grilled Scallops...again over cooked and seasoned.

1  Thank CGhiotto14